Talk

Advanced search

Is all your shopping arriving?

(37 Posts)
PollyPocketLucyLocket Fri 10-Apr-20 16:34:16

Those of you who have managed to get a delivery slot, has your order arrived with a tonne of items missing / subbed?

MsChatterbox Fri 10-Apr-20 16:35:14

I've only had flour actually missing, otherwise I get about 1/5 of stuff subbed but I don't mind!

PollyPocketLucyLocket Fri 10-Apr-20 16:37:01

Oh, I forgot to mention - who is your Supermarket?

Lordfrontpaw Fri 10-Apr-20 16:39:05

I had a Tesco delivery about two weeks ago and that was it! Quite a few things missing (and they managed to leak a bottle of dishwasher liquid over a lot of it). Soft fruit all mouldy they next day. I’ve not managed to arrange anything else for my MIL who is ‘at risk’ and told to keep isolated. I did manage to get some fruit and veg boxes delivered (very good) so that was nice.

WreckTangled Fri 10-Apr-20 16:39:19

I got a Tesco delivery on Monday and they had everything apart from paracetamol (including flour!). I had about five items subbed but nothing that was inappropriate.

ukgift2016 Fri 10-Apr-20 16:42:42

I had an Asda delivery today and had 8 unavailable items, majority items were Easter treats and wine. I wonder if someone with a stick up their bum was picking my items and left it out on purpose.

My last week delivery had no substitutes or unavailable items.

Baaaahhhhh Fri 10-Apr-20 16:44:26

I have had Waitrose deliveries and they have been brilliant. A few substituted items, but many bigger packets of the same thing (charged at the same price, hooray). The one big YUK was a low fat may, instead of full fat, and it is disgusting, also twice the size of my normal, so not sure what to do about it.

The only thing I haven't had for weeks now is tinned tomato's. Very sad, so I went to the veg shop and bought a few punnets of large fresh tomato's and will try to make some myself grin.

ScarfLadysBag Fri 10-Apr-20 16:46:30

We've had weekly Asda shops and largely OK. I was an optimist and ordered yeast last time but that didn't come, but everything else I ordered did, although sometimes it was a slight variation on brand or size (usually more than I had ordered).

Will see what happens this week!

Greendin Fri 10-Apr-20 16:48:45

ASDA - two items not available and five subs (the item I asked for, just different brand or pack size).

BeyondMyWits Fri 10-Apr-20 16:51:29

Tesco - 4 or 5 subs all ok.

WhateverHappenedToBathPearls Fri 10-Apr-20 17:11:34

Ocado a handful of (good) subs and nothing missing altogetjer. Not done Asda for a couple of weeks, but the last one had 15 items missing and no subs!

Legoandloldolls Fri 10-Apr-20 17:19:06

I had a Tesco delivery last two weeks. I think 1/3 of it was unavailable. 1/4 of the rest at least was substituted. All the subs was more expensive. I have managed to get click and collect for tomorrow and removed substitutions. I wonder what I will get now it's just 80 items? I think the plan is whatever we dont get, we would try Aldi. It's hard with four kids that's for sure.

Spacie Fri 10-Apr-20 17:19:09

Tesco - about 5 perfectly sensible subs.
Only missing item was hob cleaner (oh dear, how sad, never mind wink)

BillyAndTheSillies Fri 10-Apr-20 17:22:30

Tesco arrived today, a few subs. The confusing one was subbing custard for rice pudding. How is that similar??
Thankfully all my milk arrived so I'll just make a custard.
I have to send out my DH for formula once a week, we stopped adding it to Tesco orders because it never arrived.
Zero Easter treats arrived which is a shame for 4yo DS who knows it's Easter this weekend.
Chose to have a joint of pork instead of lamb for Easter Sunday because knew a picker wouldn't have the time to go through choosing a decent lamb joint.

This is our last Tesco delivery and had been prebooked before lockdown. We are now having deliveries from local butchers and greengrocers and the milkman brings bread and eggs.

SussEggsRoyale Fri 10-Apr-20 17:25:52

Ocado. Maybe 10 items subbed and 2-3 missing altogether. Ocado have been a bit rubbish in other ways but good on stock, imo.

Caramel78 Fri 10-Apr-20 17:30:02

I had a morrisons delivery today with no subs or missing items.
Had one last week too with only 2 subs. Not able to get a slot for next week or week after

BringMeSunshineInMyLife Fri 10-Apr-20 17:33:02

Not able to get a slot for next week or week after

I think they have changed like ocado (who run them) and have cut back the advance slots.

4amWitchingHour Fri 10-Apr-20 17:42:34

Asda yesterday - 11 subs and 7 missing. Subs weren't great as they mostly reduced the quantity, and one was a gluten-y replacement for a gluten free item angry I'm coeliac, so bloody annoying - didn't know beforehand so didn't know to refuse it. Missing items included chopped tomatoes, GF flour, GF bread and one of the Easter eggs. However, better to have a delivery than not - booked it three weeks ago as the earliest slot I could get, don't know when we'll get another...

ginghamstarfish Fri 10-Apr-20 17:50:16

I have been surprised and glad that the few substitutions have been ok or better than what I ordered. I think the staff are taking extra care not to leave anyone short, well done them.

fatandshatteredfairy Fri 10-Apr-20 17:51:42

I've had 2 from Asda so far. One was about 3/4 weeks ago, and quite a lot was missing or unavailable to begin with. Subs were generally okay though.

Had another one yesterday, 6 subs and 6 things missing. The subs were all fine, the things missing were not essential (no lamb roast on Sunday now and I have a litre of gin with no tonic😩 but at least we have food!)

However lots of essentials like pasta, washing up liquid, toilet and kitchen roll were unavailable when I updated my shopping on Wednesday night. Amazed I managed to get beans and eggs tbh

kingis Fri 10-Apr-20 18:05:01

Sainsbury's five subs none missing.

Westfacing Fri 10-Apr-20 18:09:49

I've had three Ocado deliveries over the past 4 weeks - nothing missing and only one sensible substitution.

Bailey29 Fri 10-Apr-20 18:26:35

Does anyone know if shopping comes in bags at the moment? I'm having an Asda delivery this evening. Thanks

BungleofWimbledon Fri 10-Apr-20 18:30:58

All of my Asda delivery came in bags - they put the crate in your doorstep, you grab the bags without touching the crate and repeat. All very quick and easy.

40somethingJBJ Fri 10-Apr-20 18:35:43

I’ve had an Asda delivery and only had a couple of items missing, plus some questionable substitutions (24 rolls of andrex in place of my kitchen roll!) but it’s not been too bad. Got a click and collect to fetch from Sainsburys tomorrow so I’ll wait and see what they’re like.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »