Talk

Advanced search

Is anybody else waiting Jobseekers Allowance processing?

(7 Posts)
BirdieFriendReturns Thu 09-Apr-20 22:09:45

I applied on the 20 March. Nothing at all, no numbers to ring.

Luckily we are okay financially - I’m thinking of the people who have lost their jobs and literally have no money to buy food with!

OP’s posts: |
Frownette Thu 09-Apr-20 22:16:06

Ok so that's about 3 weeks ago - have you had paperwork through or a ref?

BirdieFriendReturns Thu 09-Apr-20 22:18:40

No reference number, just an email that says:

You’ve successfully submitted your New Style Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) application.

Date claim made: 20/03/2020

What happens next

We will contact you about your telephone appointment within 7 days. You do not need to contact us to arrange your appointment.

You will need to have this appointment to complete your claim.

Frownette Thu 09-Apr-20 22:44:28

Post is quite slow at the moment, once every few days, is it like that where you are?

They'll backdate it to date of claim so if you're ok for now maybe chase next week when Easter's out of the way

BirdieFriendReturns Thu 09-Apr-20 22:47:24

Thanks Frownette. I can’t complain about finances as so many people are worse off than me! It’s for keeping my NI contributions up too.

WotnoPasta Thu 09-Apr-20 23:00:32

Snap! I did mine on the same date, text and email and nothing since.
They should send out notifications to say there is a delay really. I’m okay financially but I also want it for my stamp.

WotnoPasta Wed 15-Apr-20 08:44:50

@BirdieFriendReturns I got paid by them today. I’ve had no appointment at all or any communication.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »