Talk

Advanced search

Can he go to work?

(6 Posts)
hollybollyy Thu 09-Apr-20 13:21:53

I'm a hcp about to start at nhs nightingale.

DH is a key worker and is still working in the office as he can't bring confidential files home in the quantities he needs to do work on them. Today one of his coworkers has suggested that because I will be in contact with coronavirus patients my DH shouldn't go to work. He is not in the shielded group or vulnerable at all.

Please help

OP’s posts: |
hollybollyy Thu 09-Apr-20 13:35:14

Anyone?

SpudsAreLife84 Thu 09-Apr-20 13:39:45

Depending on who he works for, he will need to go in most likely. I am prison service so can't work from home due to files etc too, friend at work is married to a doctor working in ITU with covid patients but she is expected in every day...

FindHimForThreeKillHimForTen Thu 09-Apr-20 13:54:41

I don't know the official advice but do have a couple of nurses in the family who are on C-19 wards. They have both physically seperated from their husbands as much as possible. Seperate bedrooms, seperate bathrooms, husbands do the food prep so they stay out the kitchen. That kind of thing.

I appreciate not everyone has the space to do that.

hollybollyy Thu 09-Apr-20 15:43:28

Thsnks. I'll see if there is any guidance online

NurseJaques Thu 09-Apr-20 15:57:31

He should of course still go to work if he's a keyworker and can't work from home.

Also, frontline care staff are having a tough enough time without being separated from their families! I know a couple of colleagues who aren't seeing their husband or children because they are scared and it's heartbreaking sad and unnecessary unless they are planning to keep it up for 18 months or more until if/when a vaccine may be found!

There is no magic exit strategy from lockdown. This will not 'be over' in a few weeks. Things are going to reopen, lockdown end and the virus will still be there. The likelihood is that most of the population will have to have it in manageable waves until it is no longer a significant threat.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »