Talk

Advanced search

Fucking hate Tesco’s I’m sick of them

(130 Posts)
Its2much4me Thu 09-Apr-20 00:21:27

Yet another fucking night I have been waiting up desperately trying to secure a slot for delivery/click&collect, as I’m pregnant and don’t drive and also running out of fresh food. But no slots available.

I’m sorry, I just wanted to fucking rant. Rant over.

Callimanco Thu 09-Apr-20 00:26:14

No partner who can shop?

To be fair, it's not Tesco's fault. It's the worried well and that there are too many vulnerable people all needing deliveries.

Gillian1980 Thu 09-Apr-20 00:26:38

Have you tried during the day too?

The only c&c I’ve been successful getting were released around 6pm....

LoadsaBlusher Thu 09-Apr-20 00:26:49

Try snappy shopper
Local corner shops can deliver you bread / milk / cheese / groceries etc

sittingonacornflake Thu 09-Apr-20 00:29:43

@Callimanco I'm sure the OP hadn't thought of that! confused

Hannah021 Thu 09-Apr-20 00:33:25

it's not tesco that many ppl would rather order online than queue.
consideration, awareness, and loving for others what u love for urself are not popular opinions. I went to tesco last saturday at 12ish and was quiet, only queued for 2mins

Randomschoolworker19 Thu 09-Apr-20 00:35:08

I find the best time to go to Tesco's is about 20:30 as by then it is pretty much dead. You can walk straight in and there is still lots of stock on the shelves.

FelicityBeedle Thu 09-Apr-20 00:43:54

If you’re shielding try your local Facebook support groups, you can give a list and they will go shopping for you

LoudBatPerson Thu 09-Apr-20 00:44:47

A few days ago I managed to get a delivery slot for a relative who lives in another part of the country. This was when I randomly looked about 3ish in the afternoon.

All I can suggest is keep trying. Shopping without a car is an absolute nightmare.

HonkersVonFlapperson Thu 09-Apr-20 00:49:56

Pregnancy is not on the shielding list, it's on the vulnerable list.

Have you tried other options to get food? Farm shops, Fruit and Veg box deliveries, friends and family, partner etc.?

perniciousdot Thu 09-Apr-20 00:50:57

How are you going to pick up a click and collect if you don't drive?

gluteustothemaximus Thu 09-Apr-20 00:51:22

Try morrisons food boxes. Getting ours on Saturday and cannot wait. Will be a lifesaver x

iMoan7 Thu 09-Apr-20 00:54:51

Got an Asda one at 10pm tonight. I’d been looking at 1am and having no luck.

georgeggg Thu 09-Apr-20 00:56:43

Try during the day or early morning, they release slots all through the day. I got one early one morning around 6am and I also managed to get another for next week, booked that around 5pm, just check throughout the day.

Pipandmum Thu 09-Apr-20 01:04:56

It's not their fault. They are at capacity. Here they only release the next day available (meaning they are now scheduling for April 29, tomorrow at midnight they release April 30 and so on).

Legoandloldolls Thu 09-Apr-20 01:05:31

I used to have weekly deliveries but I dont really try much any more. Its restricted to 80 items and lots of things are substituted.

I have managed to get click and collect ten days apart. Never used click and collect but all of these methods are possibly more hassle than just queueing up. I hear on my FB page that it's only 20 mins at busiest and later at night you can more or less just walk in. For me as family of 6, 80 items every ten days isn't sustainable.

Its go and queue up or get inventive. I also hear that smaller shops like Tesco Express dont have queues. We are all I the same boat

ClientQueen Thu 09-Apr-20 01:11:35

Tesco is the only one I've managed to get slots with. I have one for the 19th April which I got about a week ago and another for the 29th
Sainsbury's, Ocado etc all booked up despite having priority

PumpkinP Thu 09-Apr-20 01:14:37

It’s not Tesco’s fault, at least you are still allowed to shop with them unlike Sainsbury’s who only allows extremely vulnerable/elderly and before anyone complains I’m not knocking them dd is on the extremely vulnerable list. So pretty much everyone else is trying to get a Tesco’s slot as well, so of course they won’t have enough to go round.

SorryDidISayThatOutLoud Thu 09-Apr-20 01:16:41

@ClientQueen if you are a priority case, try Asda. I hadn't shopped with them before but I was frantically trying every supermarket for an online slot. I managed to get one with them. They then asked me if I would like the same place each week so I have accepted. I'm not sure which others are doing this.

Ihavechangedmyname2manytimes Thu 09-Apr-20 01:17:30

Do not use App, but browser. Go on at 23:56 and stay in the queue, the browser will refresh automatically. When you are on, go to the very last day available- that will be 20 days away. I have managed to secure 2 slots like that last week (one for a family member) and tried it last night- was successful again. I live in London, if that helps.

GotTheCityOnLockdown Thu 09-Apr-20 01:23:22

Why can't you go to the shops OP? Have you other conditions?
I know pregnancy makes you vulnerable, but unless you need to shield, you should still be ok to do a shop and get a taxi home?
Not ideal I know, but sometimes needs must.

I got the text telling me to stay indoors for 12 weeks but can't get any slots so still have to go out unfortunately.

I had to fight a ridiculous battle to get a slot for my relative who's extremely vulnerable and housebound; it's hard at the moment.

Ihavechangedmyname2manytimes Thu 09-Apr-20 01:23:36

Oh, forgot to say, all times I chose flexi-time delivery- seemed to have all slots that way.

RamblingFar Thu 09-Apr-20 01:23:52

I've luckily managed to get the 20th and 29th with Tesco. It's only them and Asda that deliver this rurally I think. Hopefully they'll both come and with sensible substitutions. It's taken 3 nights in a row to book the second slot, I'll start trying in another week for an early to mid-April slot. If not, then the village bakery will deliver a far more reduced selection and far greater cost.

Fantasiaa Thu 09-Apr-20 01:34:18

- ask the father of your child to go shopping
- i get being slightly more vulnerable but you could for sure pop to the shops and be careful

alloutoffucks Thu 09-Apr-20 01:35:27

I am in the shielded group and can't get a slot.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »