Talk

Advanced search

11 month old symptomatic...help!

(5 Posts)
Bumble03 Tue 07-Apr-20 21:54:11

Hi all,
My 11 month old baby boy has coughing, temperature (at night, controlled with Calpol) and diarrhoea. I’m super worried about him. Has anyone else’s baby got these symptoms? My 4 year old had diarrhoea and a tiny bit of coughing 2 weeks ago and it stopped 1 week ago. My 6 year old son has bad nausea and sore throat. It’s all v stressful. My husband and I have a v mild cough started yesterday...looking for reassurance please xxx

OP’s posts: |
Isadora2007 Tue 07-Apr-20 21:56:40

The evidence suggests that young children will be mildly affected and at least you’re all symptomatic at a similar point so hopefully will be over sooner for you all. Stay indoors, get someone else to deliver shopping etc and get well soon.

Bumble03 Tue 07-Apr-20 22:00:20

Thanks isadora...we have been self isolating since my daughter had diarrhoea and cough so nearly 3 weeks now. We will continue for atleast another 14 days...my husband is hoping it’s just another bug....so am I...i was wondering if other mums had kids with these symptoms and it’s a different bug doing the rounds.

Tulio Tue 07-Apr-20 22:04:46

We had this with our 7 month and 3 yr old, we all had persistent coughs, I was fevery and we both had exhaustion. But then the kids came down with chicken pox one after the other so who knows what it was haha, but we had to isolate for 4 weeks total because of the pox (lag in the younger one getting it) anyway. We might have had it, might have been something similar, frustrating that there’s just no way to know isn’t it!

Bumble03 Tue 07-Apr-20 22:11:33

Thanks so much Tulio, that makes me feel a lot better...I’m super exhausted too and had some breathing issues on Friday but may have been anxiety confused
Yes I will we could have had access to tests!! I’m glad you guys are all better now smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »