Talk

Advanced search

TV interviews at home - interesting backgrounds

(34 Posts)
SoloSolow Tue 07-Apr-20 19:29:09

Amongst all the doom and gloom let's have a bit of levity.

Is anyone else as shallow as me? I keep being distracted by the home decor of journalists' or interviewees' homes.

OP’s posts: |
BakedCam Tue 07-Apr-20 19:30:32

Yes.

Someone, had horrid green walls. Like grass green.

StandWithYou Tue 07-Apr-20 19:31:49

I’m that shallow too - liked Steph McGovern’s kitchen on HIGNFY on Friday. Last night someone had a damp patch on their ceiling - very exciting.

littlemixarerubbish Tue 07-Apr-20 20:23:02

We though that Shami Charabarti had some dirt on her PC camera lens, and were getting a bit irritated by it be the second day. Then we realised its actually a mark on her ceiling grin

NowSissyThatWalk Tue 07-Apr-20 20:30:10

I was thinking this too OP!

Peston - study looks very clinical to me. Too much white and very stark.

Gove - Lovely pair of curtains.

The80sweregreat Tue 07-Apr-20 20:32:47

Lots of books! Paul Merton has a great CD collection. Steph's kitchen looked nice.
I'm glad people have proper books !

FaFoutis Tue 07-Apr-20 20:33:40

it's 85% bookshelves. I'm starting to judge them if they don't sit in front of bookshelves. I don't think Gove reads books.

Mrsjayy Tue 07-Apr-20 20:34:32

Mathew wright has a nice print on his wall. A Dr had lovely alcoves i couldn't concentrate on what he was saying i was too busy looking at his alcove door s

Maighdeann Tue 07-Apr-20 20:34:45

I can't remember who it was but there were hanging maps on the wall that I thought had been hastily added to give an 'intellectual looking' background.

FaFoutis Tue 07-Apr-20 20:35:52

There are no pants on radiators. It's all carefully curated.

The80sweregreat Tue 07-Apr-20 20:36:21

Some rooms are impressive !
Some are not.

Mrsjayy Tue 07-Apr-20 20:40:32

Mel gedroyd (sp) was on the one show live from her loft converstion I think she had been on the gin she went in her cubbyhole and found a lost Christmas present grin

covetingthepreciousthings Tue 07-Apr-20 20:40:33

I was really impressed with Marcus Brigstocks house on the videos him and his wife have been posting. I liked the style. You can find them on twitter if you want to have a nosey..

Twixes Tue 07-Apr-20 20:42:59

Yes I'm a nosey Parker and like to have a good gawk at the decor.

Not interior design related; But what is going on with the nostrils?! So many seem to have missed the memo on propping the device/laptop up to avoid this. Seeing people from that perspective makes me want to vom (nose hairs...shudders)

EasterBuns Tue 07-Apr-20 20:43:10

For me it’s become spot the Potter book, if you look carefully I reckon about 80% have one. Oh and I think Paul Merton’s collection is film DVDs, he is a bit fan of black and white films.

PheasantPlucker1 Tue 07-Apr-20 20:44:37

I saw the grass green one and loved it!

katkit Tue 07-Apr-20 20:45:56

@StandWithYou😂😂

NowSissyThatWalk Tue 07-Apr-20 20:46:49

@covetingthepreciousthings
Just had a look at Marcus Brigstocks Twitter and you are so right.
Great taste in picture frames.
Very strong chopping board game.

covetingthepreciousthings Tue 07-Apr-20 20:53:12

I've got my first zoom meeting tomorrow, and it's making me feel very self conscious of what to have in the background!

covetingthepreciousthings Tue 07-Apr-20 20:55:31

Steve Backshall does a live once a week and it was from their house boat, I really wanted to have a nosey round it as it bet it's lovely. I figure it must be parked up at the end of their garden on a river or canal..

He had a bookcase with animal skulls on in the background.

Pebbles574 Tue 07-Apr-20 20:56:15

I've recently discovered that you can change your background on Zoom, so I now have a very impressive library background. At other times I'm in a rather nice coffee shop, which confuses people...

Mrsjayy Tue 07-Apr-20 20:56:16

A map and a few books and you are good to go grin

covetingthepreciousthings Tue 07-Apr-20 20:56:58

Ben Fogle's daily live streams come from his children's tree house, I think it must be quite a fancy tree house as it has a big flag and a pulley system.

EasterBuns Tue 07-Apr-20 21:06:00

Pebbles don’t ruin it, they could all be faking it.

Pebbles574 Tue 07-Apr-20 21:08:07

grin Yes, but you do tend to get a bit of a 'green screen' fuzz around you if it's a fake background!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »