Talk

Advanced search

OH

(7 Posts)
NoRoomInBed Tue 07-Apr-20 12:20:28

OH has breathlessness and it hurts when he breathes in. Hes had pneumothorax 4 times before it's the same symptoms but beacuse of everyone being cautious about covid they've just told him to isolate. He needs his chest drained. Hes been isolating for 2 weeks so I doubt its covid. We've moved out 2 weeks ago. No other symptoms.
Mabye I'm just ranting but I dont know what else to do

OP’s posts: |
inwood Tue 07-Apr-20 12:23:06

When did the symptoms start?

Assume you have explained his history to GP or 111?

NotEverythingIsBlackandwhite Tue 07-Apr-20 12:27:36

Maybe so much focus is being placed on CV that other things are being overlooked. With your DH's history I would just call 999.

NoRoomInBed Tue 07-Apr-20 12:49:07

Yep doc knows all about it. OH asked if phoning NHS 24 would he better and they said they'd tell him the same. He not bad enough to call an ambulance yet.

NoRoomInBed Tue 07-Apr-20 12:51:23

Started suddenly today which is expected with pneumothorax.

PonderTweek Tue 07-Apr-20 13:33:13

My husband has had two big pneumos and he keeps having little ones that he can manage at home but it's hard to work out when it gets serious. I would probably call 999 just in case. Maybe a crew could come over and check his sats to work out if it is a pneumothorax or not?

Good luck! I hope he feels better soon. flowers

NoRoomInBed Tue 07-Apr-20 14:16:04

I think we are going to give it 48 hours just to see what happens then try docs again. If needed before that then 999

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »