Talk

Advanced search

Holiday 2021

(6 Posts)
SolemnlySwear2010 Tue 07-Apr-20 11:07:42

We booked to go to Disney Paris for February next year just before this all kicked off.

Our friends are meant to be going with us but haven't booked yet - do you think it will be ok to book or should they hold off until nearer the time?

Flights are cheaper than usual right now due to COVID-19, that is they increase dramatically over the next few months then they might be be able to afford to go.

OP’s posts: |
March20 Sat 11-Apr-20 16:16:57

I wouldn’t book anything at the moment. I booked my holiday for 2021 before the COVID-19 outbreak. I think there will be a small portion of people that will pay crazy amounts. By the time the crisis is all over I think all the people who have lost jobs/reduce working hours they won’t even have the money to book a holiday. If this pandemic is still going on by September I thing a lot of tour operators will go bust like FLYBE. I’m already concerned that even if they lift the travel ban.... it’s a global problem nothing to say we can’t lapse and be under another lock down!

PinkSparklyPussyCat Sat 11-Apr-20 16:40:22

I've already moved a holiday to May next year and I'm planning on booking Florida for September 2021. I've no idea whether it's a good idea but I'm going book it knowing we might have to move it to the following year. I need something to look forward to!

Goatymcgoaty Sat 11-Apr-20 17:03:24

Travel insurance is an issue, they are not covering new bookings for any cancellation or illness due to corona or suspected corona. No doubt they won’t relax this until there’s a vaccine or treatment available.

Waxonwaxoff0 Sat 11-Apr-20 17:18:07

I have moved one from this July to July next year. I'd already paid it in full and the price was the same so I'm not losing anything. Something to look forward to. Not sure if I'd book anything new.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Sat 11-Apr-20 17:24:27

My travel insurance says I may not be covered for cancellation or abandonment due to coronavirus but that I will be covered if I contract it while abroad. Not ideal, but it's a chance I'll have to take

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »