Talk

Advanced search

Lockdown (house) work life balance

(2 Posts)
homeschoolchaos Tue 07-Apr-20 08:59:47

Anyone else finding that this whole lockdown situation is highlighting just how much of the round the house stuff they actually do? I’m being ground down by the constant meal prep, laundry, and general housework from having four people here constantly. It’s not even like DH does nothing, he has his own areas of responsibility (not a conscious split, we both have things we naturally prefer and have always done it - e.g. he needs to mow the lawn today which will take him ages). He’s also done a considerable amount of DIY jobs in the past week alone.

It’s just ... overwhelming. The meal planning, the cooking, the unloading and loading of the dishwasher. One answer is to get DC to help, and I know I should train them, but at 3 and 5 they often just make things take longer and I like hiding from them in the kitchen once in a while.

The last straw this morning was DH nagging about the state of the kitchen, and how I should put this away or that away. I was just thinking ‘and you can’t because...?’. I’m not a naturally tidy person, but right now I feel like I’m constantly sorting everyone else out and nobody bothers with me.

I’m not even sure I have a point, just wanted to moan rather than blow my top in real life. It’s not that big a deal, probably just hormonal and tired.

OP’s posts: |
homeschoolchaos Tue 07-Apr-20 09:01:00

And he does spend a reasonable time with the kids playing things I’d rather not do - water fights and running around like a loon. So it’s not that. Just the invisible work of keeping us fed and in clothes...

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »