Talk

Advanced search

Carrie Symonds massive PR stunt?

(66 Posts)
Doggybiccys Sun 05-Apr-20 17:15:36

Reading what CS has said seems to me to be a massive PR stunt basically telling people /pregnant women they don’t need testing if they have Symptoms. Are we really supposed to believe that she hasn’t been tested given she is carrying the PM’s child and he is positive? Of course she has been tested, albeit probably privately (which I don’t have a problem with - her money). I know what the advice about testing is - I simply don’t believe she hasn’t been tested. This is just to show “we are all being treated the same” when we all know that is not the case.

She tweeted: “I’ve spent the past week in bed with the main symptoms of Coronavirus. I haven’t needed to be tested and, after seven days of rest, I feel stronger and I’m on the mend. Being pregnant with Covid-19 is obviously worrying. To other pregnant women, please do read and follow the most up to date guidance which I found to be v reassuring.”

ofwarren Sun 05-Apr-20 17:18:43

But if she lives with Boris, who has tested positive and she is showing the main symptoms, why would she need to be tested? She obviously has coronavirus and doesn't need a test.

CuriousaboutSamphire Sun 05-Apr-20 17:20:24

Ditto ofwarren

HugoSpritz Sun 05-Apr-20 17:20:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mum2jakie Sun 05-Apr-20 17:21:20

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

coconuttelegraph Sun 05-Apr-20 17:21:58

I know nothing about the woman but why would she need to pretend she hasn't been tested, what she needs to do would be the same as she's been in close contact with a positive person, she can assume she is. She's hardly someone pregnant women are going to be looking to for advice.

tigerbear Sun 05-Apr-20 17:22:33

@mum2jakie 🤣🤣🤣

stripeyme Sun 05-Apr-20 17:24:12

of course shes been tested.

Gingerkittykat Sun 05-Apr-20 17:25:45

I agree don't normally listen to someone stupid enough to be pregnant with Boris' child but right now her advice is just to follow guidelines, I can't see what's controversial about that.

Surely it would be more controversial to say she had a private test when it's not available to the masses.

WearyandBleary Sun 05-Apr-20 17:27:29

She hasn’t actually denied being tested: she said she hasn’t “needed” to be tested. Rather subtle...

Growingboys Sun 05-Apr-20 17:30:39

Why would she be tested? What on Earth else could it be?!

Doggybiccys Sun 05-Apr-20 17:31:03

Just me then. I’m not buying it. It’s a bit like NHS Grampian saying Charlie met the criteria for testing - yeah ok, if the criteria includes being a member of the royal family. And Camilla too - why would she be tested? What criteria did she meet? Surely she was in the same position as Carrie? I’d have more respect if they would just come out and say “we are rich and important people so we are paying to be tested”.

lancashirelady Sun 05-Apr-20 17:31:54

She didnt need to be tested as she had all the symptoms and Boris has it. Why does everything have to be a conspiracy or a stunt.

Doggybiccys Sun 05-Apr-20 17:34:53

@Gingerkittykat - Surely it would be more controversial to say she had a private test when it's not available to the masses.

That’s kind of my point. It’s not available to the masses - it’s not even available to high risk front line workers! This is a subtle way of telling us we don’t really need testing to throw us off the whole testing farce.

Bluntness100 Sun 05-Apr-20 17:34:56

Bit of a conspiracy theory too far. She won’t need testing if her symptoms are mild.

You are aware they don’t test you if you have mild symptoms right? She’s not getting special treatment because she’s engaged to the pm.

He wa tested because he is always with other people. She was already isolating at chequers, mild symptoms so won’t be tested..

Not everything is a conspiracy op

Bluntness100 Sun 05-Apr-20 17:35:49

This is a subtle way of telling us we don’t really need testing to throw us off the whole testing farce

That’s a thought op you should have popped into your tin foil hat and left there...

Doggybiccys Sun 05-Apr-20 17:37:04

@Bluntness100 - I’m so not into conspiracy theories. But I simply do not believe the woman carrying the PMs child would not be tested. I see that as more of stance of realism rather than conspiracies which are the complete opposite.

WinterCat Sun 05-Apr-20 17:37:20

Chris Whitty said he hadn’t been tested but gone into isolation and no reason to disbelieve him.

If you are in close contact with someone who has covid and has tested positive, then you go down with the classic symptoms, it’s a foregone conclusion. The cough alone is distinctive. If you feel a bit under the weather but otherwise ok, you would probably benefit from the test more.

coconuttelegraph Sun 05-Apr-20 17:39:25

This is a subtle way of telling us we don’t really need testing to throw us off the whole testing farce

You are wildly overestimating any influence she might have, whose mind is going to be changed by anything she says?

Doggybiccys Sun 05-Apr-20 17:39:32

@Bluntness100 - You are aware they don’t test you if you have mild symptoms right?

Yes, as front line NHS clinician I am indeed. So how do you explain Camilla being tested?

SauvignonBlanche Sun 05-Apr-20 17:43:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request - quotes a deleted post.

VivaLeBeaver Sun 05-Apr-20 17:50:08

Give over. There would be zero point in her being tested, it would be obvious that’s what it is. And I’m sure Carrie has enough of a brain to realise she doesn’t need a test to tell her what she already knows. She has symptoms and has been in close contact with a confirmed case. She’s hardly going to think she’s got mumps!

derxa Sun 05-Apr-20 17:51:00

FFS Is there no end to people's nastiness on MN these days.

Haffdonga Sun 05-Apr-20 17:53:46

@Doggybiccys - I'm no fan of any of them but honestly what could they actually do that would satisfy the critics?

Prince Charles and Bojo face huge criticism for being treated differently from the rest of us. But poor misguided Carrie S is accused of fake publicity stunts when apparently she is treated the same as us. Really, what should she do?

HampsteadHeathen Sun 05-Apr-20 17:53:54

Why come on here to accuse another woman of being liar? Not nice OP.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »