Talk

Advanced search

Footage taken in London today

(307 Posts)
suk44 Sat 04-Apr-20 18:32:39

Lots out cyclists out, but can anyone honestly say every one of them look like they're exercising! Perhaps more evidence for for full lockdown?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL9E56c4Vx0

Frenchfancy Sat 04-Apr-20 18:35:06

That's awful

GreyGardens88 Sat 04-Apr-20 18:36:43

Everywhere will be full of idiots out sunbathing/picnics. I bet even stronger lockdown measures will be announced on Monday evening because of these idiots. I'm no idiot!

Sparklingbrook Sat 04-Apr-20 18:38:58

Do they think they are immune from it because they are outside or something.
Sunbathing is not exercise. confused

StSaulOfSnacks Sat 04-Apr-20 18:40:18

Proof it's from today?

JustMe1233 Sat 04-Apr-20 18:40:54

This is absolutely shocking. What part of stay at home do these people not understand? Unbelievable...I've been at home since my little boy finished school 2 weeks ago it's not hard is it?!

DamsonDress Sat 04-Apr-20 18:43:19

Is that definitely today? I really thought that was old footage but I did see some masks...

I probably shouldn't be but I am shocked by that. Surprised the singer was allowed to perform. Hopefully is not really footage of today.

suk44 Sat 04-Apr-20 18:43:32

Proof it's from today?
It's a reputable news gatherer used by companies including the BBC and the Associated Press.

LittleLittleLittle Sat 04-Apr-20 18:43:37

Watching Channel 4 news where they are going on about case numbers rising in the Midlands. So yep tighter restriction will happen.

ProfessorPootle Sat 04-Apr-20 18:46:01

There’s even a busker!! This looks like Richmond / Kingston / Hampton Court area where we live. Bushy park is still full of cyclists according to local fb page, council were saying dogs should be kept on leads the other day then backtracked. Think it’s people who need the leads! No reason to stop and sit on the grass, have your walk and go home.

My sister works at the local hospital, there’s a pretty full covid ward and covid maternity ward, lots of confirmed positives sent home to self isolate (hundreds and hundreds not the numbers that have been released). These idiots have no idea, makes me so angry for my sister and her colleagues, sweating in PPE and trying their hardest to save lives and not get ill themselves angry

AntiHop Sat 04-Apr-20 18:46:30

That's shocking. It looks like Richmond, which is a very affluent part of London, so most people have their own gardens. I took my dd out for a bike ride today. Our nearest green space is a short walk away. There were people out, but nothing like this.

LittleLittleLittle Sat 04-Apr-20 18:46:45

@DamsonDress The busker probably got away with it as I don't think that path is owned by Richmond council.

I went to an all London cycling meeting about 2 years ago and found out the majority of the cycling paths in Richmond are owned by the Royal Parks and Waterways England (or whatever they are now called).

MrsWhites Sat 04-Apr-20 18:47:10

Very selfish people. Genuinely haven’t seen anything like that near me.

Those who believe further lockdown is imminent, what exactly would that entail? I can’t see how it can be any tighter than telling people they must stay at home unless shopping for essentials or work. Would they limit exercise to nearer homes etc?

gingajewel Sat 04-Apr-20 18:48:57

I’m not convinced this is today, I think there would be more people wearing masks?! What is the source of this?

Shitsgettingcrazy Sat 04-Apr-20 18:50:35

I would question when it was taken.

Sky and bbc published a photo of leeds a couple if days before christmas a few years ago. Proving that it was dead and no one was spending money.

Yoi could tell it wasnt taken the day stated. Because there was a christmas market, in that street, on the day they said they took it. Yet there christmas market wasnt there.

Not saying this is fake. But I wouldnt automatically trust it because it's the bbc.

Thers photos of the M1 today, completely dead. All round here, is really quiet. Lots of places are.

If this is true these people are idiots.

MummyNeedsWineNow Sat 04-Apr-20 18:51:02

Not today!

Nochangeplease Sat 04-Apr-20 18:51:17

I don’t believe this is from today. Not at all.

Wakeupsunshine Sat 04-Apr-20 18:53:16

My first thought was are you sure that was today?

I live in an area where there are lots of visitors and walkers and it was like that two weeks ago but not now.

Danglingmod Sat 04-Apr-20 18:53:33

I don't believe it's from today...

Mlou32 Sat 04-Apr-20 18:54:12

If only we could link this thread to the other one complaining about people who are asking for a full lockdown and saying that it isn't necessary...

Shitsgettingcrazy Sat 04-Apr-20 18:56:20

A full lockdown isnt required. At least not Until this one is actually enforced sensibly. This is where the police should be. Not telling shops off for buying Easter eggs.

On that other thread there are photos of places that are dead. Lots of people saying their towns and very quiet.

But let's all ignore that, because theres possible some knobheads in london?

PertEllaTitsahoy Sat 04-Apr-20 18:57:01

Was it really warm enough for topless sunbathing?

Doyoumind Sat 04-Apr-20 18:58:17

It looks like Richmond to me too. I'm not convinced it's from today at all though. Surely the police would have been down there?

corlan Sat 04-Apr-20 18:58:42

It's the towpath by Richmond bridge and I can see the pubs and bars there are closed, so it's definitely from lockdown.
That is really shocking.

suk44 Sat 04-Apr-20 18:58:46

To those you above that are convinced that are this can't be today - you better tell this to this media agency that is licensing the footage to media organisations, with a description of:

As the Coronavirus crisis deepens, footage emerged of Londoners defying the government’s ‘stay at home’ warning on Saturday afternoon (April 4th). In Richmond, many ignored the current lockdown guidelines and were seen sunbathing, enjoying picnics, and listening to live music by the river.
www.newsflare.com/video/348806

Do you think a media company would risk being found of selling fake footage to the big media corps?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »