Talk

Advanced search

Breaking the lockdown rules

(145 Posts)
Pleasenocorona2020 Fri 03-Apr-20 19:34:36

Me and my boyfriend live separately. We miss each other and this not seeing each other is driving us crazy. We don’t want to move In Together just yet. He wants to carry on the relationship as normal by coming to stay at mine but I’m sceptical because he is still going out to work. I work from home so have minimal contact with the world but he’s a risk as he works. Are we being silly to visit each other as normal?

EmAndes Fri 03-Apr-20 19:35:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

edwinbear Fri 03-Apr-20 19:36:19

Yes, many people are in the same boat OP, your DP is being incredibly selfish.

Sexnotgender Fri 03-Apr-20 19:36:30

Yes. You either need to live together or not see each other.

Theukisgreatt Fri 03-Apr-20 19:36:37

YES OF COURSE YOU ARE FOR FUCK SAKEEEEE

Anoisagusaris Fri 03-Apr-20 19:36:48

No you are fine. Didn’t you see the bit where you and your boyfriend are excluded from the rules?
hmm

littlemissalwaystired Fri 03-Apr-20 19:36:51

Hugely irresponsible. I'm an NHS worker who's now unwell with symptoms, because I've not been able to stay isolated beforehand. People who do have the ability to stay home should jolly well do so. Every single person in lockdown will be missing someone, that's just life.

Honeyned Fri 03-Apr-20 19:37:16

Yes. Stay separate however hard it is.sorry if it sounds harsh but my sister's a nurse and not seen her family for three weeks. Were all riding it out together ❤

HerRoyalNotness Fri 03-Apr-20 19:38:10

Sounds like a good time to break up with him tbh

MrsHusky Fri 03-Apr-20 19:41:07

yes you are. i'd love to be able to fuck off and go see my friends this weekend, as normal, like I do every month.. but i'm not, because it'd be fucking irresponsible.

Stay home, tell him to STAY THE FUCK HOME.

Neither you, nor him are exempt from the lockdown. You aren't in the same household, he can't come and stay with you.

TheRealShatParp Fri 03-Apr-20 19:41:11

I don’t think anyone is going to tell you that the lockdown rules don’t apply to you.
It’s tough, but we have to stick to this.

HaudYerWheeshtYaWeeBellend Fri 03-Apr-20 19:42:05

Absence makes the heart grow fonder... that or either of could be potentially dead biscuit

ScrumptiousBears Fri 03-Apr-20 19:42:57

OP what makes you think these rules dont include your or your DP?

inflam Fri 03-Apr-20 19:43:38

I'm actually finding it hard not seeing my dad. He is officially shielding so also very high risk. If he gets this virus I may never see him again.

Tell him to stay at home. It's not difficult.

ShellsAndSunrises Fri 03-Apr-20 19:44:16

Yes. And he doesn’t sound like he’s taking this very seriously, or particularly bothered about risking you getting ill.

Alb1 Fri 03-Apr-20 19:44:19

It’s not ‘being silly’, it’s hugely endangering lives. People all over the world are having to do it and you are no different. This situation is crap for every one of us, I understand it’s hard, but it’s temporary, death is not.

nicknamehelp Fri 03-Apr-20 19:47:59

Please don't the rules are there for reasons. I'm not even seeing mybdh of 20 plus years due to circumstances you are not alone in missing a loved one

ErrolTheDragon Fri 03-Apr-20 19:48:02

So the chances of you making him ill are (maybe) fairly low but the chances of him making you ill are higher? And he thinks this is ok?hmm

namechangemania Fri 03-Apr-20 19:49:53

Yes.

wildcherries Fri 03-Apr-20 19:51:00

Yes. How is this still a question that needs asking? We all miss someone.

Redglitter Fri 03-Apr-20 19:55:34

Ffs its ridiculous hou have to even ask. This is a scenario that the government have specifically highlighted as something not to be done. What makes you think the rules dont apply to you

Crafting1Queen Fri 03-Apr-20 19:56:36

biscuit

Powerbunting Fri 03-Apr-20 19:58:41

He must be one amazing shag to be worth risking dying for

Queenofeverything44 Fri 03-Apr-20 19:59:51

Yes... Stay the fuck at home, if he can't wait to get laid then he isn't for you. If he's prepared to risk the life of the person he claims to love, just to get laid then he's a moron and you can do better...

Notnew Fri 03-Apr-20 20:00:04

hmm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »