Talk

Advanced search

I've had enough

(99 Posts)
Comicshadows Thu 02-Apr-20 15:15:09

Today I've had enough.

I've had enough of watching my neighbours go out every morning for an hour on their moped. Two of them together, no room for shopping, appear to just be going out for a jolly.

I've had enough of my other neighbours having their adult children over every few days. They definitely aren't living there.

I've had enough of hearing that my son's friend's mum and her boyfriend are coming and going between each other's houses.

I've had enough of hearing that my boyfriend thinks it's acceptable to go the local shop whenever it takes his fancy.

My son and I are at home together. We are going out in the garden every day, and occasionally take a walk around the village for a change. We haven't seen my mum or my boyfriend since before Mother's Day. I've been to the supermarket once, and won't go again for another 10 days. Why can't other people follow the guidelines?

Disclaimer: I know this is one of many posts complaining about the same thing!

esjee Thu 02-Apr-20 15:17:25

I agree, people aren't taking it seriously. I only hope enough people are to make enough of a difference.

lubeybooby Thu 02-Apr-20 15:17:55

Write and tell your mp you think lockdown should be tightened as people aren't listening. Telling us won't change anything. It's OK to vent of course but if you want it to change make it known to those in charge

Wannabangbang Thu 02-Apr-20 15:20:50

Me too, why can't people realise this thing can't be slowed if they don't follow the guidelines. People always having a 'special' reason why they can do X and Y. Like you I'm sick of it and they are the epitome of why we will never rid ourselves of this deadly virus, the constant spread. They don't care about other people that are at risk, they just think it won't happen to them and that they are invincible all whilst they expose themselves and others to their germs. A child of 13 died yesterday and still i see pictures of kids in parks hugging goalposts with their parents behind the camera. I despair i really do, its not invisible it can kill you!

VitaminBea Thu 02-Apr-20 15:21:37

I agree with you, I’ve had enough of it all. I live on a very busy high street and regularly hear and see people coughing loudly into the air without even trying to cover it. Everyone should be wearing masks right now, it should be compulsory. Very disappointed in this country over the last few weeks.

LolaDarkdestroyer Thu 02-Apr-20 15:24:19

Same some a couple of doors from me whose kid had a birthday yesterday thought it was ok to have FOUR sets of people visiting and their kids mixing running up and down the street screeching. I'm sick of people that have never took a walk in thier lives waltzing around all kids twice a day (same family) as well as others.

I'm sick of multiple neighbours having grandparents visit regularly for hours. Why won't they follow the fucking rules we will be on lockdown forever if everyone took the piss like this. I don't even go out to walk my dog as the estate is like Piccadilly Circus most of the time.

Comicshadows Thu 02-Apr-20 15:24:38

Good idea Lubeybooby. Just putting it in writing would make me feel better, I think. Although I fear it will make no difference.

Comicshadows Thu 02-Apr-20 15:27:50

Just seen a post on the village Facebook page from the Spar shop pleading for parents to keep their kids at home instead of letting them hang out in front of the shop.

AgentCooper Thu 02-Apr-20 15:37:08

I know what you mean. I had my poor mum crying 6 feet away from our garden fence because she was coming to say hello and 2 year old DS wanted to kiss her but couldn’t.

Then I see this knob I know on Instagram out playing with his 4 year old nephew. And the neighbours having their adult daughter over most days.

ShanghaiDiva Thu 02-Apr-20 15:42:14

Yes, it’s very tough when some people cannot follow simple rules and may lead to more severe restrictions for us all.
I went to Tesco’s today and no kids, single adults shopping, good social distancing and everyone civilised and polite so we are all capable of doing this.
(Appreciate that some people do need to take children with them)

InDubiousBattle Thu 02-Apr-20 15:56:55

I honestly mean this is nicest possible way (and I know I sound like an arse saying it)but wouldn't you be happier and this whole thing more bearable if you just minded your own business? I know it's hard but counting the number of times your neighbours go out, how many times someone comes to their door, how many times you see the same moped etc isn't making this easier is it? You are pretty powerless to stop it so it's probably best just to focus on yourself, how you can make things better for you and know that you did the right thing.

VitaminBea Thu 02-Apr-20 16:02:27

@InDubiousBattle the problem is, that whereas before that would be the best thing to do, this situation has made everyone’s business our business. Everyone else’s actions now affect us and vice versa. It’s very difficult to watch others act so carelessly knowing it could directly impact us or our loved ones.
However you’re right that for the sake of mental health it’s probably better to try to shut it out.

mummumumumumumumumumum Thu 02-Apr-20 16:03:58

i know just how you feel. I have barely left the house in weeks and if i have it has been to have a walk (twice) and go to the supermarket (once) thats it. My mum and dad are getting cabin fever as they have been on lockdown for more than 2 weeks now as well. It winds me up no end. Where were all these sodding people who are now traipsing around the streets for hours before the lockdown. Why do people who were happy to do no exercise now suddenly need to be going for long walks. STAY THE FUCK AT HOME

Comicshadows Thu 02-Apr-20 16:06:19

I know what you're saying inDubiousBattle, I don't disagree. Up until today I have been letting it go, or at least I thought I had. Unfortunately I'm the sort of person that has a dislike of the human race at the best of times, so in a situation like this, I find that it's making me more disdainful.

Helpmechangemymindsetplease Thu 02-Apr-20 16:09:27

I had no idea so many people were flouting the rules sad.

P1nkHeartLovesCake Thu 02-Apr-20 16:11:05

Thing is all you can do is keep you and the people you live with safe.

Looking out the window watching Julie, phoning a friend and her telling you about sally who knows Ben went out etc is no good for anyone. All your doing is giving yourself something to moan about in an already dire situation, what’s that going to achieve??

At the end of the day you can only control your own actions

InDubiousBattle Thu 02-Apr-20 16:15:34

mummum have you had symptoms? If not then there's no reason to stay in your house for weeks. You're allowed out for exercise. Making your own life more difficult than it needs to be will only make seeing those making theirs easier more of a wind up.

InDubiousBattle Thu 02-Apr-20 16:19:11

Helpme I'm not sure that there are, it's just that those who are stick out like a sore thumb. Where I live most people are being largely reasonable. Also there does seem to be some confusion about what is allowed, people getting very angry and shouty about their neighbours going for a walk for instance.

Mummyoflittledragon Thu 02-Apr-20 16:22:32

I’m pretty sure my ndn is still seeing her mil with the kids every day. All we can do is what’s right for our family. Idk about anyone else. The guy on the other side is pt carer for him mum so I imagine he’s seeing her regularly. I haven’t seen him recently though and was thinking he’s perhaps moved to her house for the duration. I get your frustration.

Isadora2007 Thu 02-Apr-20 16:27:56

Life always has people flouting rules and making choices that impact badly on others. We are not responsible for those choices nor are we able to be. In this situation the modelling isn’t done on a 100% adherence rate as people know that’s not realistic. The NHS is always abused by a small number of people who cost a ridiculous amount to NHS or social services through their choices... this situation is nothing new really but it’s just in our faces more and our lives have shrunk sooo much on an individual level that what other people do has become seemingly so important to many.
But it’s not. So step away from the window and stop letting it bother you.

Comicshadows Thu 02-Apr-20 16:30:52

I'm really not sat looking out of the window constantly! It's hard to miss the neighbours with the moped due to the god awful whiney noise it makes!

Comicshadows Thu 02-Apr-20 16:33:00

And when your boyfriend tells you that he's been over to the shop whenever he's felt like it, it's very close to home and hard to ignore.

MeadowHay Thu 02-Apr-20 16:33:56

My neighbours had a party last night! They've lived here around 6 months and have never had a party before, but decide to host one on a Wednesday night during lockdown. confused

beautifulteeth Thu 02-Apr-20 16:35:15

Completely agree op. My neighbours round here all taking the piss and ignoring what they've been asked to do.

It's absolutely fucking ridiculous. These twats need a slap

ShieldPrintersNeeded Thu 02-Apr-20 16:38:40

Honestly I wouldn't let it get to you. The idea is to slow it down and those twats will still have less contacts than they did before. That's imperfect progress. If the numbers carry on rising we will see a stricter lockdown.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »