Talk

Advanced search

Self care during lockdown (alternative title - Just put the bloody biscuits down!)

(2 Posts)
Notlostjustexploring Thu 26-Mar-20 22:02:46

As we were having to quarantine ourselves before lockdown due to developing a small cough, I'm now on day 12 4,239 of lockdown. I've started realising that without my normal life structure and activities, lots of very bad habits are setting in. Bad habits that are having a negative impact on my health and mood now, and habits that will be felt for years to come (the snacking leading to a 50lb gain is currently very likely, alcoholism even more so).

I can only assume I'm not the only one, and that some encouragement to drink more water, stop drinking alcohol every night, actually brush my hair of a morning and to just put down the fucking biscuits, might be quite nice. Encourage good habits again, if you will.

Tomorrow I will:

Wash my hair
Drink at least 4 glasses of water
No booze
No grazing

No biscuits!

I realise there are bigger things going on in the world than me not drinking enough water. This I can control, I suppose. A bit of normality during a very bewildering time.

If anyone cares to join me...?

NuffSaidSam Fri 27-Mar-20 00:01:12

We're only on week one, but we've kept it like a normal(ish) school/work week. So everyone up, dressed and breakfasted in the morning, work during work/school hours, clock off at a reasonable time. I think that's made it a lot easier to keep bad habits to a minimum (although the chocolate consumption has definitely increased).

We not in quarantine so we've also been able to get out every day for a walk which I think helps (both mindset and weight gain).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »