Talk

Advanced search

so scared

(45 Posts)
zigzagbetty Wed 25-Mar-20 18:58:20

On day five of symptoms and today my temp has peaked to its highest. Feel so alone and scared in my bedroom and trying not to panic. Could use some positivity and a hand hold

OP’s posts: |
Letitbegin Wed 25-Mar-20 19:00:08

Try and keep calm. Have you taken paracetamol? Is anyone with you? You will be ok xx

glitterelf Wed 25-Mar-20 19:01:02

Here for a handhold, when can you next have some paracetamol to bring your temp down x

zigzagbetty Wed 25-Mar-20 19:03:14

Next paracetamol is at 8, this is the first time its not reduced my temp. My husband is looking after our toddler so is staying away, so scared in case they get it. Trying to stay calm

MrsMozartMkII Wed 25-Mar-20 19:04:16

A handhold from me lass.

zigzagbetty Wed 25-Mar-20 19:04:22

Started coughing up green phlegm after 4 days of dry cough and am scared it's going to pneumonia

zen1 Wed 25-Mar-20 19:07:31

Try not to worry OP. Fever is a sign that your body is responding to the infection and fighting the disease. When I had swine flu my fever stayed at 40 degrees for 7 days straight and nothing seemed to work to bring it down. The only thing that brought relief was a cold flannel on my forehead and neck (changed regularly). Have you tried something like that? (Even to just make you feel better).

Lifeisabeach09 Wed 25-Mar-20 19:11:35

OP, please don't think I'm downplaying your symptoms but that you are able to post is a positive sign.
Coughing up phlegm is also a good sign--your body is working to get rid of the virus from your lungs.
flowers

Hannah021 Wed 25-Mar-20 19:13:28

i dont know what to say to make you feel better, but try to occupy your time with something, the more you think about it the worse it will feel... I read Stress can impact the immune system (im no medical dr!).. So do what you can to help keep your stress levels at bay by focusing what distracts your mind from it

serialtester Wed 25-Mar-20 19:20:54

Last Friday (day 5 for me) I was feeling awful, coughing up nasty green stuff (after a dry cough) with lung pain. Today I'm ok. Take paracetamol, stay hydrated and rest. It will pass.

FuckOffCorona Wed 25-Mar-20 19:22:38

Oh you poor thing. Hold your nerve - high fever is your body fighting it off, though it feels awful. Hopefully you will be through the worst of it soon.

zigzagbetty Wed 25-Mar-20 19:37:26

@serialtester is today the first day you feel fine?
You are all helping massively, thInk I just needed a hand hold. My facebook is full of people in their gardens enjoying the sun and i just felt so isolated (ironic I know)

serialtester Wed 25-Mar-20 19:49:26

Actually yes - felt a bit brighter by Monday but today I'm ok. Look after yourself and rest!

Sexnotgender Wed 25-Mar-20 19:50:55

That sounds rough, hope you’re feeling better soon flowers

Blondiney Wed 25-Mar-20 19:55:17

Drink lots of fluid, the more hydrated you are the easier it is for your lungs get rid of the gunk. Hang in there, you'll be over the worst soon. flowers

Stellabellawella Wed 25-Mar-20 20:03:09

Close your eyes and think about sitting by the beach with a cocktail in hand watching the world go by. Try not to panic and overthink (easier said than done I’m sure) you will be fine and well soon flowers

JamieFrasersSassenach Wed 25-Mar-20 20:38:50

@zigzagbetty - so sorry you are so unwell thanks
Can you sleep at all?

I won't be much help probably - but happy to handhold.

I wish people sitting in the sun would understand just how serious this virus is.

Just think every minute/hour/day is one closer to recovery x

zigzagbetty Mon 30-Mar-20 19:39:18

Day ten, ended up in a and e last night with chest pain, have pneumonia in both lungs. Wish this would end now sad

SugarSugarShimmy Mon 30-Mar-20 20:05:30

Sorry to hear that. Have they kept you in?

catscatscatseverywhere Mon 30-Mar-20 20:08:07

Oh my god, i am so truly sorry. Are you in a hospital? You’re gonna be fine x

Ranguski Mon 30-Mar-20 20:12:28

You will be fine. We are here for you..

LooseleafTea Mon 30-Mar-20 20:12:55

I hope the doctors helped and hope you get well as soon as you can. So sorry you aren’t well and thinking of you

AnneJeanne Mon 30-Mar-20 20:12:58

Hi op. I had double pneumonia 12 years ago. They might give you a cortisteroid for the inflammation. You should be fine and on the mend soon. How is your blood oxygen? 💐

PointlessUsername Mon 30-Mar-20 20:15:15

Glad you got yourself seen. You are in the best place now. Wishing you a speedy recovery flowers

littlebitwooway Mon 30-Mar-20 20:18:04

You can get through this op. Keep your fluids up. Practise belly breaths - put your hands under your belly button and when you breath make them rise xx flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »