Talk

Advanced search

Had enough of this. Health Anxiety!

(4 Posts)
kevintheorangecarrot Wed 11-Mar-20 06:26:29

I have suffered from Health Anxiety for 16 years and surprisingly when this coronavirus business happened, it didn't bother me too much. However now there's been 3 confirmed cases where I live and now I am panicking. I have woken up with shortness of breath and I just know that this must be psychological! All in my head. sad I am so afraid. I know this is only a virus but there's been quite a few deaths from it. I only go from one place to another and drive to work so that minimises my risk greatly but I work in a care centre so again, people go in and out and putting elderly people at risk.

OP’s posts: |
Fishcakey Wed 11-Mar-20 06:30:20

I wish I could say something to make you feel better but sending a hug daffodil

PJsEveryday Wed 11-Mar-20 06:38:01

I have HA too and like you, at diet it really didnt bother me but the oast week has made me worried. All my classic symptoms that act up when I'm anxious are even more pronounced. There is nothing g I can say to make to feel better. The fact that you know its psychological is a huge step. And when you go about your normal day you'll get to lunch and realise that you,ve been breathing fine (because you were not thinking about it). That will show you that you are well. I completely understand your anxiety. HEALTH ANXIETY SUCKS. I've stopped watching the news. Thsts helped a lot. I hope you can get some respite from your HA soon because it can be very debilitating flowers

Archieboo20 Thu 16-Apr-20 11:19:47

I too for the last couple of days have been having the episodes of shortness of breath no cough or temp so not thinking its covid but feel like absolute crap my little boy of 5 months was I'll 10 days ago had a chest infection and a UTI ended up in hospital with a temp of 40 sent my anxiety through the roof diarrhoea aswell sorry I know TMI it's hard as now I'm worried thinking I've got something hopfully just some hayfever as my aunt Is a nurse reckons it can be developed after pregnancy which I never heard of plus feel so guilty on my other half he has been brilliant looking after our boy but this anxiety really getting me down

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »