Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

HOW TO HAVE A BOY?

(52 Posts)
Amandeep Tue 16-Aug-05 13:15:51

Please can somebody help me! I have two daugters & am thinking about having another baby and really would like a boy. Please could you let me know what i need to do?

Any suggestions welcom.

jessicaandbumpsmummy Tue 16-Aug-05 13:16:17

who knows..... its chance isnt it??!

Distel Tue 16-Aug-05 13:17:47

Think it's impossible, otherwise whoever had discovered the secret who have been made very rich and famous by now.

triggerhappy Tue 16-Aug-05 13:20:24

it's supposed to help if you have sex either the day before you ovulate, or on the actual day of ovulation, then don't have sex for several days after.

(the theory behind this is that boy sperms swim faster & will get there first.

It IS only a theory though!

Amandeep Tue 16-Aug-05 13:22:03

I have been told the following:

Eat lots of salt & bananas
Conceive on ovulation day
Make sure the woman has orgasm first
Make sure the man drinks a strong cup of coffee an hour b4
use doggy style position
use bicarbonate soda douce

Please let me know if any of the above wored for you?

ninah Tue 16-Aug-05 13:22:57

I heard last night that stressed women are more likely to have boys cos their testosterone levels are increased and they attract the 'male' sperm
sounds a bit rubbish to me, but did have ds! lol
apparently after a war or famine the proportion of male babies increases, too

Guard Tue 16-Aug-05 13:33:54

Am in the same boat Amandeep - but feel a bit bad about thinking about it. But hey ho - the other thing I had heard is that don't leave it too long (not more than a week) - ie you need to have had sex a week before ovulation - as "new" sperm contains more active boy ones !
As well men athletes tend to have girls - not sure why this is but I'm bit doomed on that front.... Anyway not sure if any of it works - be keen to know more !!!

NomDePlume Tue 16-Aug-05 13:34:21

I wouldn't recommend the bicarb douche, surely that's going to upset your natural chemistry down there ?

Chandra Tue 16-Aug-05 13:35:57

ditto about male sperms swim faster but they also die faster, that's why most babies conceived a ouple of days after the ovulation day end up being girls.

But I think the only proven method is to keep having babies until you get a boy. Though I'm happy my parents decided not to follow that method, otherwise we would be 14 sisters by now

Amandeep Tue 16-Aug-05 13:46:38

Bicard douce is safe and it's supposed to change the acid envionment to alkaline. Acid kills the boy sperms!

Amandeep Wed 17-Aug-05 13:09:34

ANYMORE ADVICE ANYONE - all comments are welcome!

Because i have two ds i'm always being told 'You don't know anything about boys' and my daughters are ignored when me nephews are around. I want to prove everyone wrong. I want to have a boy so that i can show people how much i love my girls and boys are no better than girls!

MrsDoolittle Wed 17-Aug-05 13:11:45

Gosh Amandeep, that arguement really doesn't wash with me. Terrible reasons for wanting a boy.

Why don't you want a boy just for being a boy? Just tp prove a point is an awful reason.

Chandra Wed 17-Aug-05 13:17:33

That's horrible! I'm with MD in this one.

tortoiseshell Wed 17-Aug-05 13:20:29

Hmm, don't think it's a great reason to have a boy, but ways I've heard is not to have too much sex before ovulation, because that decreases sperm count which affects boy sperm more than girl sperm. Also, have sex on day of ovulation or day after, as that will mean fastest sperm get there first.

throckenholt Wed 17-Aug-05 13:30:07

the sex is determined by the sperm. Some men just produce more male or female sperm. Apparently diabetic men tend to produce female sperm. I think there is also something to do with temperature - warmer favouring one sex etc.

Maybe also something to do with the cervical fluid that might favour one over the other - but no idea what.

Just maybe some ideas you can try looking up on google.

Amandeep Wed 17-Aug-05 13:30:28

Don't get me wrong people ' don't want boy just to prove people wrong, but i would like to have a boy, because it would be a different experience & i know my husband woule be over the moon. Everytime we go shopping we always look at the boy clothes - wishing it would be us buying them some day. I do really feel something is missing in my life !

Amandeep Wed 17-Aug-05 13:32:26

it's not true that diabetic men produce only female sperma, coz i have a cousin been diabetic for years and has had two sons!

Amandeep Wed 17-Aug-05 13:35:17

I have just bought a book by HAZEL CHESTERMANN PHILIPS - The Natural Way. It's wicked and a good bedtime reading.

throckenholt Wed 17-Aug-05 13:35:30

>diabetic men produce only female sperm

not only, tend to - I think they tend to have a higher proportion of female sperm.

Basically you get what you get and not much you can do to change that.

robinia Wed 17-Aug-05 14:04:03

I believe HCP's book is probably biologically correct but is not infallible. I've got lots of friends who "prove" her theories (also see Shettles book which says much the same) but a few who contradict them.

If you want a girl, I've also heard (I think it was Chandra who mentioned it) that sex two days after ovulation does the trick but can't see why (am I being thick?) - the egg is there already - the boy swimmers get to it first - why should their shorter life span lessen their chances?

tortoiseshell Wed 17-Aug-05 14:21:58

robinia, think it is that if the egg is ready and waiting then the fastest sperm will get there first and therefore be the one to fertilise. If the sperm are there first, then when the egg is released, speed makes no issue - they've all arrived, but some will have died off, making the life span more important.

throckenholt Wed 17-Aug-05 14:27:18

I thought that the egg only survives a few hours unfertilised, certainly not as long as 2 days.

robinia Wed 17-Aug-05 14:35:22

But doesn't that apply to the sperm that arrive before the egg has been released (ovulation) ie. the boys die off leaving the girls the winners (!). How does it apply to after ovulation? (am I still being thick here?)

tortoiseshell Wed 17-Aug-05 15:07:47

robinia - I thought it was the other way round too - don't think you're being thick at all!

robinia Wed 17-Aug-05 16:44:55

Glad that if I am being thick I'm not alone in it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now