Talk

Advanced search

Join the trying for a May/June baby!

(65 Posts)
lovecloud Thu 04-Aug-05 21:42:13

Hello

Sorry for the silly title.

I am just excited as this month will be the first month in my life were my partner and I will trying for a baby. We have a two year old dd who was a great surprise and gift to us. I have been wanting a baby since she was about 8 months old so I have held out long enough
Because it is our first time trying I thought we could have some fun and try all the tips they say to conceive a boy. But I do not care that much about the gender as long as they are a happy, healthy baby who loves their sleep
So next week is my ovulation date. I took up twigletts advice and checked out http://ttc.fertilityfriend.com, you enter your last period date and it tells you your exact ovulation date with lots of tips so next weekend is our big day or shall I say weekend!!!
Its funny but since we have decided to start trying my sex drive has gone of the scale and my dh cant beleive his luck, its almost frightened him. I am like a women on a mission
So look forward to hearing from any others who are going to be trying this month and goodluck to you all!

Baby dust all around!

x

lovecloud Thu 04-Aug-05 22:06:20

Anyone out there trying this month?

liandme Thu 04-Aug-05 22:17:44

me and dp will be trying this month like every month for just over a year. good luck and i hope you are lucky this month

LilacLotus Thu 04-Aug-05 22:20:37

we're still trying. now into the second month. AF came a few days ago.
good luck to all!

ionaming Thu 04-Aug-05 22:37:15

Hiya, we've on cycle 10 of ttc no. 2. A May or June baby would be most welcome! We were originally trying for an autumn baby as I wanted to have that extra year with this one (dd1 is July & I feel that at just turned 4 she is too young to start school next month ). But I guess we've missed the boat on that one. Although, at the rate our ttc is going, it could be autumn 2006....... Hey ho, am currently trying to get a doctor to take me seriously & prescribe treatment for a short luteal phase..... here's hoping! Good luck everyone else on this thread!

Iona x

malinki Fri 05-Aug-05 07:43:58

I'm here, AF arrived this morning......, was so sure she wouldn't be around, been ttc for 2 years, have fertility problems but won't bore you with them, good luck girlies!!!

piffle Fri 05-Aug-05 13:33:20

I'm trying have been since dd was born in October 2002 one early miscarriage and one ectopic means that I'm a little nervous too
Fingers crossed, spring is the best time for a baby!

shhhh Fri 05-Aug-05 15:04:42

Hi all on this thread. DH & I conceived our dd this time last year (while on honeymoon..). Our dd was born 16th May.
I'm wishing you all the best as it's the best time to have a baby .! Well for the weather at least !!!
Sending you all good wishes and hugs.x

bubble99 Fri 05-Aug-05 19:39:42

Can I join? I have a (nearly) 6 month old DS who lost his (full-term) twin brother during labour. I've been lurking around this board for ages as I'm desperate to conceive again and provide him with a little sibling to hang out with. I have two older boys, 7 and 5 and I was delighted when I found out I was having twins last time as I didn't want two children close in age and then a baby much younger on his own.

The good news is that AF returned today after 15 months and I can now, with Mr Bubble's help of course get going.

So a big Hello to you all and I look forward to checking in with you all regularly.

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Fri 05-Aug-05 19:40:14

Hi I am trying for a May baby.I am just coming to end of AF. This will be my third month of trying.My dd Lucy(20mths)was concieved in 1st month and so was Philippa but tragically she was stillborn in April at 25 weeks.

We got the all clear in May and its been systems so ever since!

GOOD LUCK to each and every one of us
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jen1209 Fri 05-Aug-05 19:47:29

Hiya, have sneaked over from the April thread as seem to have missed that boat! Have been ttc no 1 for 13 months now and it has been a long hard journey. I am convinced I have PCOS and am in the process of getting a 2nd opinion from the Dr...

Good luck to all of us and hello again to those I recognise from the other threads... Lots and lots of my special invisible baby dust (still haven't learnt how to draw it!)

Am on CD28 so AF due any day now and I KNOW the old bag is on her way

bubble99 Fri 05-Aug-05 19:48:22

CP are you using OPK's? Is your cycle length regular? Sorry if I'm being direct but I've got to get back into the swing of ttc now! It took us 11 months to conceive our twins and I spent so much time on ttc sites checking for info. I now need a refresher course.

bubble99 Fri 05-Aug-05 19:55:45

Hi Jen. Do you mind me asking how old you are? I'm only asking because it took me 11 months to conceive at 38 but we got there! What symptoms do you have to make you suspect PCOS? Can you get that second opinion soon?

I can't do the babydust thing but I'm sending you loads.

x

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Fri 05-Aug-05 20:05:03

Hi I am 38 and using opk for 1st time.

I was always a 28 day girl and concived twice 1st attempt on cd13.

Did same first month of trying and got AF on day 31.Bought tests last month and started testing on day 12 (in case cycle reverted back to 28 days) and got pos ov result on day 17.BD like mad on and around the date and got AF day 33!!![angry}

So stocked up on more ov tests from ebay and going to start testing on cd 12 (now on cd3).Also told dh NO BEER the whole time I am testing just in case and as he is as desperate as me, he agreed.

xx

Roobedoo Fri 05-Aug-05 20:31:42

Hello. I'm on my first month of clomid so high hopes. Have DS but desperate for another. This is 9th or 10th month of trying. Good luck to everyone.

Jen1209 Fri 05-Aug-05 20:37:42

Sorry, just wandered off to watch Eastenders for the first time in about a year and shouldn't have bothered. I have truly no idea what is going on!!

Hi Bubble - I'm only 25 I'm afraid. Had a m/c nearly 4 years ago with previous partner. Suspicious about PCOS because: -

1. Acne
2. Hirsuitness to forearms and upper lip / nipples
3. CANNOT lose weight (still on post xmas diet, not lost an ounce)
4. Periods have been irregular for about 6 months now

21 day bloods did not show anything but am not sure now that they were taken on the right day. Current GP will not accept that it is PCOS but I want a scan of my ov's + more bloods to make sure. I am already on the referral list for the infertility Dr at the local hosp.

Sorry to witter on a bit, think I am trying to convince myself that I am not mad!

Jen1209 Fri 05-Aug-05 20:39:40

Hi Roobedoo - do you mind me asking, but were you prescribed Clomid for a reason or did you just request it? Am thinking of just asking to be put on it (if that is poss, may just be being v naive here) Have read loads and loads of good things about it

Sorry to ask...

bubble99 Fri 05-Aug-05 21:07:14

Good question Jen! I'm interested in Clomid too and I've wondered how easy it is to get it prescribed. My last pregnancy was a twin one and I know that spontaneous twin pregnancies often occur towards the end of the fertile years. We tried for 11 months to conceive last time and I'm sure that on a few months I didn't ovulate and then 'double-fired' the next. I wonder how many eggs I have left.

Jen. Your symptoms do sound in keeping with PCOS, which will be a tough diagnosis, but at least you'll know what you're up against and can act accordingly.

lovecloud Fri 05-Aug-05 21:59:28

Hello Ladies!

Well good luck to us all and I hope we are blessed soon.

I guess I am a bit nieve thinking this maybe the month I conceive as after reading many entries on here it seems its not as easy as you think. I have spent my whole life trying to not fall pregnant and then my dd arrived by surprise. Now I want to conceive it maybe a waiting game that I should prepare myself for.

I am not sure how I would feel if I am on here this time next year saying I am still trying, I just hope I am as strong and positive as all of you.

It will be our turn soon, I guess we have to remember to relax and enjoy the ride

I am so excited though to think this time next week, sperm will be encircling my egg about to create another little person like my dd. She still amazes me everyday and I cant beleive we made her. Its mad! I loved being pregnant and I am so ready to do it again and love another little person.

yes... i am at the point of going insane - you cant blame me I have been broody as hell for a year and a half!!!

bubble99 Fri 05-Aug-05 22:22:28

I'm off to bed now. Night night all. And a busy night for any BDers amongst us.

lovecloud Fri 05-Aug-05 22:35:14

well my dh is out tonight, i am tired now waiting up so I dont think we will get any practice in.
I have been feeling so randy since we decided to try - strange! A few weeks ago I had no sex drive.
I just hope we dont have an argument next week and end up getting in a mood with each other and missing my most fertile day... I cant beleive I am starting to think like this. he will be wondering why i am so nice to him

Artoo Sat 06-Aug-05 09:44:46

Hi ladies.

Hopefully this month will be the first month that DH and I start trying for #1. He's 35 and I'm 34, and it's only recently that I've felt ready to have a baby.

I'm currently in my first pill-free cycle, using fertilityfriend to track my temperatures in order to understand my cycle and be able to pinpoint my fertile days.

Lovecloud: the fertilityfriend ovulation date prediction will be based on someone with a "typical" cycle, unless you are taking your temperature each day and entering the data. Therefore, it might not be totally accurate for you. Best to allow a few extra days each side, and get some extra BD-ing in

The reason I say this month will hopefully be the first of TTC is that I am waiting for my smear tests to come back from the doctors. I had the smear 4 weeks ago, and as it had been a while since my last one, the nurse advised I wait for the results before TTC, as if there was anything wrong they wouldn't be able to do anything about it whilst I was pregnant. They expect the results in 6-8 weeks, hopefully that will coincide with my next cycle starting.

Good luck to all trying!

Hugs,
Artoo.

jane313 Sat 06-Aug-05 11:43:51

Have been lurking on all the ttc threads for a while and hoping I would just go straight to the ante-natal section. But is isn't to be. Just got a negative test result this morning (one of the cheap very early ones from ebay).

It was my second month of trying. Am using a saliva ovualtion thing but the results seem a bit confusing. Already have one ds 2.1, got pregnant then first time without even knowing when I was ovualting. At 39 I have this feeling time is running out. Feel bad for feeling bad as I am incredibly lucky to have one healthy happy boy already.

LilacLotus Sat 06-Aug-05 11:48:48

artoo, you are right to wait until the results from the smear test. my SIL got pregnant after ttc and they found pre-cancerous cells which they can do nothing about now she is pregnant. she will have to have to have it sorted straight after giving birth now.

bubble99 Sat 06-Aug-05 21:02:46

Good evening all.

jane313, don't feel bad for feeling bad. I'm trying for #4! We've been blessed with our three beautiful boys but we should have had four. One of my healthy twin boys died at full-term during a botched labour. I have an overwhelming need to have the fourth child I was meant to have. My beautiful baby Bo, who died, will be with me forever, but his twin needs a pal to grow up with.

BTW. My first after pregnancy turned AF up on Friday, but it's now tailed off to nothing. Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now