Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

HOW DO YOU CONCEIVE A BOY??

(18 Posts)
MrsATeam Tue 02-Aug-05 01:37:06

HI ALL, I HAVE FOUR CHILDREN THREE GIRLS AND A BOY AND MY HUSBAND HAS JUST SAID "LETS TRY FOR ANOTHER" (ARE WE MAD ). WE WOULD LOVE ANOTHER BOY AS WE HAVE THREE GIRLS SO WOULD LOVE TO KNOW IF ANY OF YOU OUT THERE KNOW HOW WE COULD CONCEIVE A BOY....POSITIONS, TIME OF THE MONTH BEFORE CONCEPTION, EATING...ETC....PLEASE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WOULD LOVE TO KNOW THE BEST WAY????

almost40 Tue 02-Aug-05 03:02:16

There have been a number of threads on this, but basically, you can increase your chances of having a boy if you wait to have intercourse until you are ovulating. So not before. It has something to do with how fast the boy-sperm swim and how long they live. There are a number of 'kits' and websites that give more detail than I can here. Good luck!

MrsATeam Tue 02-Aug-05 20:25:42

Thanks almost40

marne Tue 02-Aug-05 20:31:45

I thought the closer you have intercourse to ovulation the higher the chance is of having a girl, boy sperm lives longer than girl sperm. Geting on top is also ment to help boy sperm as they are stronger swimmers. Good luck, i am 8 weeks pg and also wanting a boy, fingers crossed!

LilacLotus Tue 02-Aug-05 20:34:33

i heard eating lots of protein helps!

vickiyumyum Tue 02-Aug-05 20:34:50

have sex with my husband! we have 2 boys and he has a boy with his ex partner!
don't think that he has any girl sperm!

MrsATeam Tue 02-Aug-05 20:34:56

Thanks marne for the advice. Congrats to you and good luck

Xena Tue 02-Aug-05 20:35:28

I thought girls lived longer? But yes I heard that the boys are the better swimmers!!

MrsATeam Tue 02-Aug-05 20:35:36

Thanks all

Xena Tue 02-Aug-05 20:36:37

Vicky I think thats supposed to make him quite healthy (definatly fertility nurse said so)

vickiyumyum Tue 02-Aug-05 20:38:35

xena- you could have fooled me!!! no i suppose compared to me he is, he has a job that involves a lot of heavy lifting and running up and down satairs all day!

MrsGordonRamsay Tue 02-Aug-05 20:39:44

Buy all the Sunday papers, go back to bed and read them, at about 2.00 pm for no reason other than you fancy it, send DH downstairs for a bottle of white and two glasses.

Consume wine

Bonk brains

Conceive Boy (granted could just have easily been a girl}

QED

After 9 blimmin years..................and all it took was the papers and a bottle of white

Tabs Tue 02-Aug-05 20:58:14

Definitely have sex v close to ov and not earlier. The girl sperm have more stamina so can live longer and make it to the egg if you BD early, whereas the boy sperm are faster swimmers, so will get to egg first if you wait until ov before you BD.

MrsATeam Tue 02-Aug-05 22:30:18

thanks all so much for your advice.

ilovehorses Tue 02-Aug-05 22:35:51

no planning and just carefree in various rooms of the house, just make sure you close the curtains first. We have a boy and it was carefree with girl was more carefully planned; wine could be advantageous some of the time.

MrsATeam Tue 02-Aug-05 22:45:47

LOL loving your post ilovehorses

MrsATeam Tue 02-Aug-05 22:50:04

also LOL MrsGordonRamsey loving your thread too think maybe I will try this.

MrsATeam Wed 03-Aug-05 00:11:45

so should you bd whilst actually ovulating for a boy and bd before ovulating for a girl????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now