Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

af turned up this morning - I was so hopeful

(7 Posts)
helsi Mon 01-Aug-05 19:59:46

Just out of the blue - no warning.

her visits are so irregular since I stopped the pill. 22, 34 andn now 31 days. How on earth do I try and predict ov with that irregularity?

Twiglett Mon 01-Aug-05 20:01:57

sorry

the only way you can ever predict ov is by using OPKs or by charting (temp/mucous/cervix position)

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Mon 01-Aug-05 20:02:09

Lots cheap ov kits !!!

Sorry to hear AF turned up. I am DESPERATE to concieve and mine is late BUT had loads bfns

Twiglett Mon 01-Aug-05 20:03:09

I had fairly regular cycles from 28 to 32 days .. but always tended to ov on day 22/23 so you may still be ovulating around the same day each cycle

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Mon 01-Aug-05 20:05:55

Not wishing to sound tooooo negative

I used ov kit last month and bd like mad when we got the result

So I cant say catching the day is a guarantee

Twiglett Tue 02-Aug-05 08:49:17

of course it isn't .. in any cycle you have a 25% chance of conceiving .. knowing when your Ov day is just means you have that 25% chance

anyway for maximum health of sperm you should BD every other day

throckenholt Tue 02-Aug-05 08:55:24

temperature charting is the easiest, cheapest and most effective way of figuring out what is going on with your cycle. All you need it a thermometer (digital is quickest).

Google that - you will find loads of info about it.

"Taking Charge of Your Fertility " - I think is the book/website.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: