Talk

Advanced search

HOSPITAL CANCEL IVF TREATMENT DUE TO STAFFING SHORTAGES - DEPRESSED

(5 Posts)
LittleStarsweeper Thu 28-Jul-05 15:16:29

I had a consultation with this private clinic at the end of May and planned ahead around holidays etc that we would go ahead with embryo replacement on a natural cycle around August. I today rang in to give first day of cycle so that they could book me in for scans in August and have now been told that they cant fit me in! I am really down. My DH is whining on about staffing holidays and bye the way I am suposed to be going to his works BBQ this afternoon. Frankly I am not up to it which has cheesed him off even more. I am the wrong side of 40 and feel dreadlfully let down and cant even think straight. The house is a mess and SS is due up tomorrow for the weekend which will put all halt on any chat I can have about the whole situation. Sorry for the rant.

Raspberry Thu 28-Jul-05 15:20:25

Having been through IVF, I do sympathise

All I would say though is our clinic told us on day one that treatment in high summer and around Xmas can get disrupted, so this wouldn't have come as such a blow to us.

sorry its curtailed your plans

jenkel Thu 28-Jul-05 16:15:28

I also went through IVF, the clinic I used closed down for a period during the summer and a period over christmas. I went though one course of IVF in Nov and if I didnt react how I should of with the drugs they would have cancelled it until after christmas, however I did know this before I even started. Seems a bit unfair that they didnt warn you beforehand. But it just wasnt too be this month, fingers crossed it will all go swimmingly next month.

LittleStarsweeper Fri 29-Jul-05 00:34:19

ooh, Ive perked up no end. The clinic rang me back this arvo and said they can squeeze me in for August. Blimey, hope they arent so busy that they confuse me petri dishes.

jane2401 Fri 29-Jul-05 00:35:28

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now