Talk

Advanced search

Acupuncture for fertility - success stories please

(25 Posts)
Bella23 Wed 27-Jul-05 14:35:36

Ladies,

Well yet another thing I am going to try in my quest for a baby! I've done the reflexology route but with no results so am now going to try acupuncture.
Am at the stage where if someone told me that I needed to run round the office naked in order to boost my chances of conceiving I would be stripping off!!

It would really help me if you could let me know those that have had it done and got a great result. How long did it take etc??

All comments welcome.

katierocket Wed 27-Jul-05 14:36:49

hi bella
there is a fairly recent thread on this, have a look through conception.

My story 'aint so successful, I've been having acupuncture for around 4 months but no joy yet. It is very relaxing though!

mancmum Wed 27-Jul-05 14:39:24

had 3 sessions and got pregnant with my DD!!
(OK also had IUI but had had one without acupuncture and it had failed..)

expatinscotland Wed 27-Jul-05 14:40:07

It worked for me! After just a month, I conceived.

Bella23 Wed 27-Jul-05 14:48:53

Thanks ladies.
Expatinscotland - really hoping I can follow your success story!!!!

Bella23 Wed 27-Jul-05 14:49:20

Expat - how long had you been ttc?

expatinscotland Wed 27-Jul-05 14:49:43

7 months.

Bella23 Wed 27-Jul-05 14:55:33

Well this will be my 7th month since my m/c so fingers crossed!!!

spub Wed 27-Jul-05 14:55:43

I have had acupuncture once a week for the past 3 weeks. I had a m/c at end May and was worried about getting my cycle back on track as my HcG levels took 6 weeks to drop. 2 days after my 1st acupuncture session (specifically re gynae/fertility) my AF arrived.
I am hoping to be pregnant but can't test for another week! However, I am pretty convinced that acupuncture can help with both conception and a healthy pregnancy.
HTH and good luck.

Bella23 Wed 27-Jul-05 15:03:02

Spub - thanks info.
Sorry to hear about your m/c. I hope you get good news next week. xx

Chuffed Wed 27-Jul-05 16:50:11

After 7mths started accupuncture on the Wed after AF finished had 4 sessions weekly then had a 2wk break between them. I had a positive on the morning of my 5th appt. If we decide to have a 3rd I'll be going the accupuncture route straight away.

Chuffed Wed 27-Jul-05 16:50:55

Bella where are you as I can totally recommend the lady in London I saw thanks to a recommendation on here.

Eaney Wed 27-Jul-05 16:56:36

I had been trying for 18 mths or so with no luck. Three months of acupuncture and I got pregnant. Who knows it could well have worked.

cori Wed 27-Jul-05 20:54:08

Like Spub, I had acupuncture to bring on A/F after miscarriage. It worked and got A/F the next day. I have only offically been ttc for one month now. I shall be going back to Acupuncturist this month so will let you know.

Bella23 Thu 28-Jul-05 10:18:11

Chuffed, I live in London so would love to have your lady ??

Chuffed Thu 28-Jul-05 10:52:05

Here is her website she visits clinics in Hackney and N7
Alison Courtney
Somebody on here recommended her to me funnily enough.

Bella23 Thu 28-Jul-05 10:56:10

Chuffed, thanks for that xx

YeahBut Thu 28-Jul-05 15:55:46

A good friend of mine had been TTC for 5 years with no joy. She and her husband had agreed that they were going to go for 1 more IVF attempt (number 7) and my friend also decided to have a course of acupuncture during the cycle to see if it would help. It did!!! Her ds is nearly 2 now.

ZoeC Thu 28-Jul-05 15:56:59

Yes, a friend of mine has pcos, didn't conceive for ages and had given up and was going down the adoption route, went for acupuncture and her ds is 2 and a half now.

Good luck.

Littlefish Tue 02-Aug-05 12:35:48

Worked for me and DH!!! I wasn't ovulating, and he as a v v v low sperm count. We had acupuncture for a year and got pregnant 2 months before we were due to start IVF!!! DD is now 8 months old.

I always spent a lot of time talking to my practitioner before the needles started, and I found the talking incredibly theraputic too. A time just to unburden and talk about myself.

cori Thu 25-Aug-05 16:07:07

Well it worked. I got a BFP after one month of Acupuncture.

expatinscotland Thu 25-Aug-05 16:07:55

I also fell pregnant after one month of accupuncture.

JB2001 Sun 05-Apr-15 16:14:46

Hi everyone! Lovely to read stories about successful acupuncture. . Thinking of trying it. . Was it Five Element acupuncture or Traditional Chinese Medicine??? Am so confused and not sure where to go! Thanks so much for your support x x x

Florencefair Tue 28-Apr-15 17:54:42

Reading all the threads keenly,can anyone recommend an acupuncturist in the North West area of England I am thinking about it and keen about what little fish says about talking to the practitioner first. All advice appreciated. I am over 40 and still have my hope

Fletchy123 Sat 05-Dec-15 21:51:15

Hi guys.. I'm new to this site and to this. I've had one embryo transfers and failed and I'm having a frozen embryo transfer at the beginning of January 2016. I've just started today my first acupuncture session, was very relaxing. The practitioner gave me some herbal tea and tablets which help you to relax. Can anyone tell if the herbal medicine is part of the treatment? Is acupuncture on its not enough? Not sure and would like some advise, as I don't want to be taking things for the sake of giving the practitioner extra money? Look forward in hearing from anyone one who has or is doing acupuncture. Thank you 🙄🙄

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now