Talk

Advanced search

ttc when u have low hormones. anyone know anything?

(12 Posts)
misdee Fri 22-Jul-05 21:32:41

younger sister has just had a miscarriage. she suffers with low hormones and with her dd didnt have a positive prehnancy result till 10 weeks gone. she has been told with her hormone levels being so low she will find it hard to carry a baby. anyone know of treatments she may be able to have.

misdee Fri 22-Jul-05 21:55:53

bump.

hunkermunker Fri 22-Jul-05 21:57:46

I'm sorry to hear about your sister, Misdee

Did they say which hormone was low? I think that progesterone can be low, which can affect your ability to carry a baby past the first few weeks, but am not 100% sure. If it is, I'm sure you can have injections to boost your levels.

Has she been referred to a fertility clinic? Whereabouts in the country is she?

misdee Fri 22-Jul-05 22:01:38

i think she said the HcG level for her is abnormally low, when it rises when she is pregnant it doesnt rise a lot, and can only be picked up on a test when she is 10 weeks gone, this time she was 9 weeks when she miscarriage.

hunkermunker Fri 22-Jul-05 22:03:29

How many miscarriages has she had?

Could it be that her HCG level is low because she's going to miscarry, she's not miscarrying because the level is low, iyswim?

Either way, needs to be checked out.

misdee Fri 22-Jul-05 22:05:53

she has been pregannt twice, this is her 1st miscarriage, she didnt have positive test at all this time, but had a scan today and she was 9weeks. she has had blood tests which say her hormones are low. when her last pregnancy (with her dd) even the blood tests done when she was approx 6weeks gone were negative. she got a positive test 4 weeks later, had a scan done and she was 10 weeks gone.

misdee Fri 22-Jul-05 22:10:10

btw in cvase u dont know, this isnt mieow i'm talking about . sis has said that she wouldnt mind another baby, and would even put her career on hold. now she has miscarriage i think the need is greater for her.

hunkermunker Fri 22-Jul-05 22:11:58

I think that when a pregnancy isn't going to continue, HCG levels drop. It's often why people stop "feeling" pregnant before they actually miscarry. The fact she has had a baby already I would take as a huge positive sign that she can do it again - but I think she should get more info about what the doctor meant, ie were they saying that her hormone levels would always be low and find it hard to carry a baby? I know that lots of people don't get positives until later on in pregnancy and they go on to have perfectly healthy babies.

Fingers crossed xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hunkermunker Fri 22-Jul-05 22:12:26

Yes, figured it wasn't Mieow

misdee Fri 22-Jul-05 22:14:05

her hormone levels have always been low and always will be without some help. they dont know how she manged to keep hold of her dd. she is a little miracle, with her hormone levels that low apparently she will find it very very hard, impossible even, to have a normal pregnancy.

hunkermunker Fri 22-Jul-05 22:17:22

I'm very glad she has DD and hope that she has another successful pregnancy soon. Has she been referred for help anywhere?

misdee Fri 22-Jul-05 22:22:04

i think she is being referred after she gets over this. feel as mieopw gives birth prematurly, lil sis has these probs and i have none. life aint easy is it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now