Talk

Advanced search

How long did it take for you to get pregnant after a m/c

(19 Posts)
Bella23 Wed 20-Jul-05 16:02:05

I would really love to hear how long it took you to conceive after a m/c.
I had a m/c in Jan after trying for 6 months and am now starting to get really worried that I am not going to manage to get pregnant again.
I realise that I am probably getting things all out of proportion but I am just looking for some reasurance that it will happen. Each month is just so disappointing that I am feeling a little "in the bell jar" about the whole TTC.
All stories welcome

munz Wed 20-Jul-05 19:29:29

i'll bump back up for u honney, i'm afraid mine was v v quick, but we're all rooting for u, and hope you join us soon with a BFP!

charleepeters Wed 20-Jul-05 19:44:38

i have just found i i have had a m/c very early on, and will be trying again as soon as the bleeding arrives and clears everything away, but after my first m/c it took 2 months to fall for ds. i hope it happens soon for us hun xxx

Donbean Wed 20-Jul-05 19:48:29

Took 2 years to concieve then m/c no 1.
2nd m/c took 6 months to concieve.
Pregnant with ds after 3 months.
Good luck & baby dust coming your way~~~~~~~~~~

Hulababy Thu 21-Jul-05 09:31:29

When TTC for #1 I tried for 15 months, and then had an early mc at 7 weeks. I then went on to TTC for a further 14/15 months before concieving DD.

Nemo1977 Thu 21-Jul-05 09:34:30

aww bella hun hugeeeeeeeeee hugs to u, i know how fed up u are feeling sweetie but it will happen i promise. Took me 3mths after mc however after having ds i was ttc for about 8mths to then go on and have the missed mc.

Bella23 Thu 21-Jul-05 10:12:40

Thanks people
Sorry am sounding a bit desperate - just really want to start my family and am panicking that it hasn't already happened.

Hulababy Thu 21-Jul-05 10:16:58

Don't be silly; no need to worry about us thinking you are panicing! Many of us have been there. I am back there too - well the TTC bit, not the mc again fortunately. On month 12 of TTC for #2 and it does drive you mad.

shelly24 Thu 21-Jul-05 10:21:59

Hiya bella
Just wanted to send you a message of support,hang on in there hunny,you'll get pregnant again.The waiting game each month can be a cruel thing!
I've just started ttc this month after losing my first born son in may,he was stillborn,and i too like you am desperate for a family,and i almost had one till everything got swept from underneath me!
We just have to hang on in there and keep on trying,wishing you lots of luck.x.x.x

Bella23 Thu 21-Jul-05 10:39:03

Shelley, I feel very humbled hearing you offer me support. {{{{{HUGS}}}} to you as you have gone through a terrible time. The best of luck for a quick BFP for you.

Its just this TTC lark just turns me into a nutter!!

LunarSea Thu 21-Jul-05 10:45:32

30 months. But then longer than that (32 months) after a successful pg. Lost that one too - so this time, round who knows? I just have to hope that it'll be less time rather than more.

suzywong Thu 21-Jul-05 10:46:47

4 cycles
my top tip is, and this may sound flippant but it worked for me;

Forget about ttc, go out with your girlfriends, eat well, laugh, get tipsy and go home and jump your old man, obviously when you are ovulating. IME the more stressed you get the more difficult it becomes

HTH good luck

Bella23 Thu 21-Jul-05 11:03:30

Lunarsea - ....sorry honey! You and I better get some good news soon then!

Suzy - yes am starting to do that to be honest as the clean living soon started to make time pass even more slowly!

Tinker Thu 21-Jul-05 11:08:09

Agree with suzy. This baby (nearly 9 weeks old) conceived 3 months after miscarriage when very, very drunk.

suzywong Thu 21-Jul-05 11:13:46

I have never conceived when sober tbh
m/c baby was a new year's eve of cointreau
ds1 was red wine
ds2 was mulled wine and my special tonic cointreau again

don't tell the HV

shelly24 Thu 21-Jul-05 14:47:40

When i got pregnant last time i was in spain visiting my sister(last september)...it was a really great time and dh and myself totally chilled out.Drank lots,ate lots,(and the obviuos...LOTS!)and had only really thought that if we did get pregnant then that it would't really make much difference(we planned to get married may just gone,and get pregnant soon after that)....in reality though i got pregnant straight away,and we ended up getting married in january...i'd already ordered my dress and wanted to be able to get in it!
Even though we lost our little boy at 33wks,i wouldn't have changed the way it happened for anything.
I think the key to getting pregnant is to know you body and when your ovulating roughly,and then just relax and have a good time(hopefully i can practise what i preach! ).xx

shelly24 Thu 21-Jul-05 14:50:04

The way we got pregnant is what i mean!.xsoz have just read message back and it didn't sound right!.x

tex111 Thu 21-Jul-05 15:00:42

Hi Bella, getting pregnant in the first place is a very big step and I'm sure it'll happen again for you. I think TTC makes us all a bit obsessed and crazy so don't worry about feeling that way.

My experience was one straightforward pregnancy with a healthy baby boy at the end of it, after trying for almost a year. Then, about two years later fell pregnant our first time trying but had a miscarriage at 7 weeks. Took a break for a month then started trying again and fell pregnant two cycles later. Miscarried a week after I had the positive pregnancy test. Decided to take three months 'off' as I was becoming quite distraught and I decided to see a miscarriage counselor which really helped.

Started trying again and within two months we were pregnant again and this one looks like a keeper - over 24 weeks into it and looking forward to having our little girl in November.

Just don't give up hope, be sure to be kind to yourselves, plan a holiday or a special treat and it'll happen eventually. Easy to say, I know! Best of luck to you.

Tabs Thu 21-Jul-05 15:59:21

Hi Bella

Took us a little over 3 years to conceive the first time. Mm/c at 8/12 weeks (missed at 8, discovered at 12). Took 7 months to conceive again after that.

Unlike most of the ladies on this thread, I couldn't just relax, get drunk and forget about ttc! I focused pretty much everything on it - gave up caffeine, alcohol, most processed food (Zita West gives this as one of her top tips), started charting temps, took vit B6, got DH taking zinc supplements, and BD'ed once a day for about 4 or 5 days in a row around ov every month.

Also went on big diet and fitness regime, but appreciate that most people don't need to do that, as they're thinner/fitter than me to start with!

This sort of regime may not suit everyone, but it made me feel like I was doing all that I could to improve my fertility.

You'll get there if you stick with it and don't lose heart. I'm a firm believer in needing to believe that something will happen to make it actually happen, and I took great comfort from the fact that I at least knew that I could get pregnant, whereas people who haven't had a m/c because they've never conceived don't have that comfort.

Hugs to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now