Talk

Advanced search

TTC...AND PUZZLED!

(10 Posts)
Shiraz Tue 19-Jul-05 11:34:56

Hi ladies!

Right hope this makes sense!

My dd is now 18 mths and she was concieved whilst i was on the depo injection and had been for 4 years. After i had dd the nurse and doctor i had at the time advised i have the depo as contraception again (as cannot have the pill / implants).

Anyway i moved, and my gp was our old family doctors, i went to see him in the June when i was due my inhjection and had a long chat. He advised due to the side effects i was experiencing and how i felt about ttc in the future to come off the injection for many reasons such as osteoparosis, etc etc! Si i did, making my last injection in March 2004.

My periods came back in Feb although i canot really say that there is a definaste cycle, just usually at the end of the month. I had been experiencing severe-ish pains in the middle of the month, to which a colleague at the time explained this was likely to be ovulation, so i monitored for a cpl of months and it seems to be about right! (have been on pill due to periods since age of 15, injection from 17, and fell pg at 21....hence break from contraception and not having a clue about ov, etc)

Anyway i am certain that i ovulated last Mon/tues, then yesterday i woke and founf (sorry tmi) that when i wiped myslef there was blood, not heavy but still pretty bright red. Then it faded during the day laighter and lighter until nothing! Woke up this morning and slightl;y bleeding again, keeps stopping and coming back, i felt icky and am feeling quite heavy although not bloated, and just have a dull pain now rather than sharp.

Any ideas or tips, anyone in the same boat?? Must admitwe haven;t been using contraception as were both quite happy if i fell....however we decided last weekend to TTC No.2.

I am booked into docs tomorrow morning, any ideas what they will do, what i can tell them?

Thanks all, sorry to go on for so long!

Becs xxxx

Shiraz Tue 19-Jul-05 11:37:47

at my typing, oops!!!

And didnt say i think i should be due next week...........sorry ladies i am so puzzled as to what to do!

Don't mean to be insensitive to those of you who have been trying for a while either! ****babydust*** and good luck all xxx

BROWNY Tue 19-Jul-05 11:38:37

Hi Shiraz, this happened to a friend of mine who was TTC, it turned out that the slight bleeding was called 'implantation bleed' or something like that, when the embryo is implanting in the womb - maybe you've been lucky first go!!

Shiraz Tue 19-Jul-05 11:41:44

Hi browny! That is how i found out i was pg the first time around, as you dont have periods on the depo injection! And i woke one day bleeding and in agony, although a lot worse than at the min! The bleeding went on/off for a few weeks, i saw the doc the first day, was referred to a&e if bleed didnt stop, then sent for a scan!....Just thought it may be too early for implantaion bleed!??

BROWNY Tue 19-Jul-05 11:44:56

Hi again, yes it might be early, but didn't you say you didn't have a regular cycle? Do you know when the date of your last period was? Is it worth buying a test yet? It's hard not knowing what's going on, isn't it?

Shiraz Tue 19-Jul-05 11:47:37

Oooh i don't know just so puzzling! I canot really remember the exact date as it was slightly on/off! Bled lightly and got heavier then went off!..hmmmmmmm. Think i best vist doc see if they will give me a urine sample..if not will buy a test at the end of the week! just incase this is an early monthly!

BROWNY Tue 19-Jul-05 11:49:30

Well, goodluck, I've got my fingers crossed for you! Let me know how you get on

Shiraz Tue 19-Jul-05 11:53:25

I will do hun! Thanks very much! Good luck to you too! becs xxxxx

Shiraz Tue 19-Jul-05 19:04:54

Okay very confused indeed now! Bleed is now very faint brown! Sorry i know it's tmi, it's just really annoying! Becs xxx

Twiglett Tue 19-Jul-05 19:08:56

brown blood is old blood

I would wait a few days (till 10 days after ov) and test

good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now