Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any suggestions for becoming more fertile ?

(23 Posts)
Mojomummy Mon 11-Jul-05 23:14:20

Currently using Persona.. I used it first time & got pg first time. Trying again - the ovo sticks didn't show I was ovulating, but persona showed red, which means you may be at risk for pregnancy then the egg shows when you ovulate. Because I was ill & on antibiotics, we only managed to do 'it' on the first egg day, which was day 14.

This month, did 'it' from day 9 to day 12, then we were exhausted. Day 12 was the first egg day, which we managed (!). Now it's day 23 & for the last few days I have TERRIBLE moods (pmt?), so who knows the secret ? Cycles can change from month to month & I've just given up BF - although it was twice a day

I'm really concerned we've left it too late, nearly 36 1/2) : - (

Anyone got any advice ?

hunkermunker Mon 11-Jul-05 23:18:17

I had terrible moods before I found out I was pg this time (second baby). Am still bfeeding 15mo DS so that didn't affect my fertility either.

Are you taking a folic acid supplement? You may be pg already.

aloha Mon 11-Jul-05 23:32:18

I'm as sure as I can be that you haven't left it too late. You are still really young -honestly. You know you are fertile as you have another child. Even a super-fertile teenager cannot guarantee getting pregnant first time! As a species we are not very fertile - you have only about a 25% chance (at most) of getting pregnant in any one cycle, but you will almost certainly get pregnant eventually. And very probably, very soon.
I got pregnant on about my fifth month of 'trying' at the age of 37, and within 20minutes of trying (!) at the age of 40.
Try to relax - you are not too old!

aloha Mon 11-Jul-05 23:32:51

And yes, you may be pregnant already!

Mojomummy Mon 11-Jul-05 23:38:58

Do you think I could be, with my terrible PMT/temper ?

AF is due Sat 16 (oh great, when we go away for the night for hubby's b'day !!)so I guess I'll find out by the end of the week ?

Yes, taking pregnacare, although not for the last couple of days cos of my rage will take it now. ( hubby is also taking zinc, I think it helps strengthen sperm !)

Thanks ladies...will keep you posted

hunkermunker Tue 12-Jul-05 15:11:42

Will keep my fingers crossed, MM. Yes, definitely found that irrational rage was an early symptom this time around!

munz Tue 12-Jul-05 15:14:02

er MM just so as u know it's possible b4 this BFP I was having such mood swings with DH they're in fact worse now and i'm only 5+4 poor man.

so yes PMT and BFP's go together. (moods are 10 times worse than normal PMT)

aloha Tue 12-Jul-05 15:18:37

oh yes, irrational rage sounds familiar....

Lizzylou Tue 12-Jul-05 15:22:46

Irrational rage and bursting into tears made me realise I had conceived (had not expected it to happen that fast)...just heard that James Blunt song on radio and bawled like a baby at the traffic lights...stopped and got a PG test on way home and .....6 weeks pg now! DH was just pleased that there was an explanation!

munz Wed 13-Jul-05 07:44:16

when r u going to test then? lol,

(another good example of PG moods swings, yesterday at work I wanted to tear someone's head off, came home realy for a fight with DH but when he came in I didn't care and then sat on the sofa crying for no apparent reason) - bloody hormones! (I think my first outburst was CD 25 but like u put it down to PMT - now look!)

v v possible. good luck.

katierocket Wed 13-Jul-05 09:19:20

we've been trying for our second for 14 months (got pregnant with DS1 1st time). I do think that you have to try and not get too het up about it (although that is a) an oxymoron and b) not what I am doing!

Are you and your partner taking vitamins? if not, you shoudl be, particularly zinc

katierocket Wed 13-Jul-05 09:19:56

oops sorry, just read your other post and saw you are taking vits. It will happen I'm sure, believe me 2 months is nothing

Littlefish Wed 13-Jul-05 15:30:52

I had acupuncture to try and sort out my hormone levels. I wasn't ovulating very month (low progesterone), but after 3 months of acupuncture, all my hormone levels were normal. The other upside was that I felt much calmer! I have continued to have treatment, even though dd is now 8 months old. We were ttc for 2.5 years and were waiting to start IVF when I got pregnant naturally. We want to have another baby relatively soon, so I'm just making sure that everything is still in working order!

spub Wed 13-Jul-05 15:45:15

I had a m/c at start of June and went for acupuncture to try to get my cycle started up again. AF arrived 2 days after my 1st treatment and my lovely acupuncturist has said that it really can help with conception and a healthy pregnancy.
DH is also scarfing his daily zinc tablet to encourage a strong "swim team"

Mojomummy Thu 14-Jul-05 23:16:16

HI, well I couldn't resist & bought 3 early pregnancy tests from e-bay (£3). AF is due sat/sun, but I tested anyway & is negative.

Felt very tearful this am cos DD cried at nursery & there was the 2 mins silence at 12:00.

I think if I'm not pregnant ( which I expect is the case) I will try acupuncture. I have a feeling magnesium is good for hormones too ? Has anyone tried evening primrose & the starflower capsules ?

I'm just disappointed 'cos I didn't want too long a gap ( DD is just 2), then I think, well, maybe it'll never happen, I should have started earlier, it's not meant to be etc etc.

Congrats to Lizzylou & good luck to the rest of us

Mojomummy Sat 16-Jul-05 11:04:39

Ooooooooooooo I don't want to tempt fate, but did a test this am..........& a faint line came up

Will wait until Monday though to be sure....

If I am, the key (for me) is BD BEFORE ovulation

PeachyClair Sat 16-Jul-05 11:28:02

faint line in my experience = a line, so you SHOULD be celebrating soon!

Fingers crossed!

X

fairi Sun 17-Jul-05 21:49:15

only read your original question - but my suggestions are:
REFLEXOLOGY - its fantastic and VERY effective!
Cut down on refined sugar in your diet - or at least have a piece of fruit or dried fruit (like raisens) before you eat ANYTHING with sugar in it - including biscuits and jams
And thirdly, take flax oil - not in capsules, but a good quality oil - at least one tablespoon per day (a good quality one has no flavour and is easy to take)

Mojomummy Mon 18-Jul-05 13:28:01

Hi, thanks for all your suggestions....

I'm PREGNANT !!!

Mojomummy Mon 18-Jul-05 13:29:35

........Although I had the phone number of a reflexologist & I was ready to get myself to the dr's to get an appointment with a accupunctrist

HellyBelly Tue 19-Jul-05 08:26:29

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Littlefish Tue 19-Jul-05 09:06:49

Great news!! Congratulations.

fairi Fri 22-Jul-05 18:27:55

Well done! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now