Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I have a cold...

(4 Posts)
oaktree Fri 08-Jul-05 13:29:55

.. & feel pretty rough. we are tttc (after 2 mc) & I'm a bit worried as I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that having a cold can put you at risk of mc? I'm not trying to scaremonger, rather just after some reassurance that if we have managed to conceive it hasn't all been for nothing. thanks

Iklboo Fri 08-Jul-05 13:32:05

I had a rotten awful stinker of a cold at 13 weeks pg. Now 23 weeks & bumplestiltskin is doing fine. Never heard that a cold can increase chance of mc myself - unless you took shed loads of the over-counter medicines they tell you NOT to take when you are pg.
Good luck & fingers crossed for you ((HUG))

spidermama Fri 08-Jul-05 13:40:09

Hi Oaktree. I've never heard that having a cold can put you at risk. There's so much one can read about different things which can allegedly cause mc. I remember combing books to discover how best to eliminate all risk. Then I read that worrying presents risk. Then I was worrying about worrying. Arghhh! You can't win. I feel for you. MCs are really tough and to have two in a row - very upsetting.

That said, I've had 2mcs and 4 babies now, and my friend who had 3 mc's in a row, has just had a gorgeous baby girl.

Try not to worry and to look after yourself and your happiness. What will be will be.

Good luck. Sorry. Crap 'advice'. I just wanted to reach out to you really. xx

oaktree Fri 08-Jul-05 15:32:47

thanks you two. AM just keeping my fingers crossed & as you say , what will be will be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now