Talk

Advanced search

Conception after Breast Cancer

(12 Posts)
JAG123 Wed 06-Jul-05 19:54:03

Hello i'm new to MN though have been hovering around for a bit. When my DD(4yr) was 8mths i found out that i had Breast Cancer. Had mastectomy followed by 6mths chemo + radio I just wondered if there was anyone else out there who has managed to conceived after the same or knows anyone who has. Thanks

anchovies Wed 06-Jul-05 20:05:18

Hi Jag123

Welcome to MN! No specific advice I'm afraid as I didn't have chemo. Have you asked on breast cancer care? Know the "younger" forum talk about this sort of thing and may have specific advice for you! Good luck anyway and hope someone on here can help you out!

JAG123 Wed 06-Jul-05 20:40:14

Thanks for the advice anchovies i hadn't thought of looking there.

tomasinatank Wed 06-Jul-05 20:49:59

my friend discovered a lump when her ds was 12months old. It was advanced and aggressive cancer and she had a masectomty and chemo. When her ds1 was 4 she discovered she was pregnant again (at age 38) and now has another healthy 1 year old son

Janh Wed 06-Jul-05 21:02:01

Ruth Archer did, on The Archers, and we were assured that they had researched the storyline thoroughly (even before the character had the chemo I think).

Jag, have you had any signs of ovulation since your chemo? (I don't think the radio is a factor).

JAG123 Wed 06-Jul-05 21:09:06

Have just started ovulation kit kept putting it off because scared i wouldn't surge, but i did yesterday. Hope this is a good sign.

JAG123 Wed 06-Jul-05 21:11:41

Thats good to here thomasintank mine was also aggressive it gives me some hope

JAG123 Wed 20-Jun-07 20:11:15

Hi this was my first post on MN a couple of years ago. I don't post very often but always keep an eye on the ttc boards.

Anyway I wanted to say if there does happen to be anyone in my situation out there that it is possible. It took us a while but I got my BFP last week .

To all of those who have been TTC for a long time don't give up hope. There is always a chance.

Good Luck to all

J

nomoremagnolia Wed 20-Jun-07 20:22:52

Wow! Congrats jag, a long time in the making but here now. I've only been on mn for 6 months so don't know you but here's to a happy, healthy pg.

JAG123 Thu 21-Jun-07 16:40:32

Thanks for your kind words Nomoremagnolia.
Still doesn't seem real yet.

Sending you positive thoughts

Good Luck

majormoo Thu 21-Jun-07 20:43:58

Congratulations. That is lovely news. Good luck with your pregnancy

welshprincess Thu 21-Jun-07 20:49:08

congrats. no experience or advice, just wanted to wish you and your little bump well.
xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now