Talk

Advanced search

help had last depo

(22 Posts)
trace2 Mon 04-Jul-05 21:17:14

had last depo jan 05,and not had period since, but would love another baby befor its to late, am 39 years old.So can i get pg or do i have to wait for periods.

Flossam Mon 04-Jul-05 21:20:59

Having a period would help with getting your dates right, and make it easier to tell you are pregnant! But it isn't a medical prerequisite to have one. If you know you want one I don't see why not to try straight away. I was on Depo though and didn't fall untill after two periods IIRC. Good luck.

trace2 Mon 04-Jul-05 21:22:33

how long did it take to have a period

Thomcat Mon 04-Jul-05 21:22:41

It took me a year to have a period after my last depo injection.

trace2 Mon 04-Jul-05 21:24:32

as anyone got pg soon after depo

Flossam Mon 04-Jul-05 21:25:10

I can't quite remember when my last depo was, but think it was around 6 months.

Thomcat Mon 04-Jul-05 21:28:29

I didn't take me too long to fall pregnant after coming off depo, well I had to have a period first and then when my body was itself again it didn't take that long, but like I said it took a year to get my periods back.

Fran1 Mon 04-Jul-05 21:31:38

Don't forget it lasts for three months - so for you march/april time.

I am still waiting and i had last injection in november last year .

The first time round i got a period within a few weeks of it wearing off, and then conceived straight away. Bit of a surprise to have a wait this time round!

But there are many women who have posted here and say they've had to wait up to two years sometimes.

trace2 Mon 04-Jul-05 21:32:25

its so hard when you carnt have what you want

homemama Mon 04-Jul-05 22:07:19

It took me 18mths - But I caught on that first cycle.
Someone has since told me that the longer you're on it, the longer it can take for your body to get back to normal.
Good luck

gailey Tue 05-Jul-05 10:59:14

I had last Depo December 2004, Had period on 7th June, hurray, Been charting BBT but not showing any signs of ovulation, does anyone know how long before ovuation will show again now that i have had period, waiting for next period around now.

Donbean Tue 05-Jul-05 11:01:23

Me too, 18 months and then problems which im convinced were related to the depo.
Keep on doing BD, fingers crossed for you.

trace2 Tue 05-Jul-05 11:01:48

is there somthing i can buy to see if am ovalating( sorry a bit dence)

Donbean Tue 05-Jul-05 11:04:54

Yes, Boots do ovulation kits.
Try to do a search of the conception threads and there will be some recommended by other MN's on there im sure.

trace2 Tue 05-Jul-05 11:06:13

thanks will try, are they expensive

Donbean Tue 05-Jul-05 11:07:44

Not sure to be honest ive never bought one myself but the other people on these threads are experts, been there done that so have a quick look at what they say.
Good luck x

Rachee Sun 17-Jul-05 14:43:47

I have now been 10 months CLEAR of the depo, still no periods. ( or babies) ....

Been to doc had blood tests, now been refered to infertility clinic, all because of depo !!!

dizietsma Mon 18-Jul-05 02:17:45

OK... I hate to doomsay, but I was infertile after Depo for three years. I had two three month injections which stopped my periods, a year after the injections ran out I started to get very frequent and painful periods for about a year- obviously throughout both years I was infertile. In the third year, just as my periods evened out I eventually got an appointment with the endocrinologist and my suspicions were confirmed that I was still not ovulating. A few months later as I was about to start Clomid to induce ovulation I became pregnant.

I reckon Depo is rather more potent for some people than others as I have heard similar tales of woe to mine. You may want to prepare yourself mentally for a bit of a long haul back to total fertility.

Skribble Mon 18-Jul-05 02:21:49

I got pregnant fairly soon, we thought it would take ages and just got on with it with no protection. Oops happened a lot sooner than planned. So there is hope, can't remember if I had periods. I suppose body will be reay when its ready.

nutcracker Mon 18-Jul-05 11:39:47

It took 6 mths for my period to come back after depo, and then another 6 mths to get pregnant.

expatinscotland Mon 18-Jul-05 11:43:12

I worked in a women's clinic where they wouldn't give Depo to women who hadn't completed their families, and they felt it worked only too well and many women took a year or more to get a period at all after coming off it. The directing physician regarded it as a substitute for sterilisation, it was that effective.

charleepeters Mon 18-Jul-05 11:56:17

I had onyl 1 deo injection and had nothing but problems for about 8 months after that - i had heavy bleeding, but some people ave nothing at all, it takes so long to get out of your system. i dont think it would hurt for you to ttc with no periods, obviously your dates would be tricky to work out without a scan. good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now