Talk

Advanced search

TTC: Have you tried acupuncture and chinese medicine and then conceived?

(11 Posts)
ShouldKnowByFriday Wed 29-Jun-05 22:44:56

I have been ttc for over a year and have now resorted to the above. Am now on second cycle of trying with help and would like to hear of any success stories please.

Thanks

Chuffed Thu 30-Jun-05 10:13:41

Yes I had accupuncture and got pregnant after one full cycle of 4 sessions in the first month.

wendy11 Thu 30-Jun-05 11:53:27

I have had two sessions per week of acupuncture and massage for six weeks before my recent IVF treatment and I got a BFP. I believe that without the treatment we would not be where we are today.

Eaney Thu 30-Jun-05 12:24:36

Yes. I had been trying for about 14 months. I tried acupuncture and got pregnant within 3 months.

ShouldKnowByFriday Thu 30-Jun-05 14:53:56

Thanks for that. Did any of you try chinese medicine?

LunarSea Thu 30-Jun-05 17:24:09

Bayleaf did I think - you might find something if you do a search.

katierocket Thu 30-Jun-05 18:00:58

I've been TTC for 13 months, have been having acupuncture for about 3 months but nothing yet having said that it looks like DPs sperm might be the problem.

Littlefish Thu 30-Jun-05 18:25:08

Hi there

My dh and I both had accupuncture for a year. My Dh took chinese herbs too (they tasted and smelled disgusting!!!!). 2 months before we were due to start IVF I fell pregnant naturally! We also gave up alcohol, caffeine, switched to an organic diet, cut out red meat and tried to drink 2 and half litres of water every day (neither of us smoked, but we would have given up if we did).

It was hard going to start with, but SOOOOOOOO worth it! Our dd is 7 months old.

We followed a book by Dr Marilyn Glenville called "Natural Solutions to Infertility".

We still eat an organic diet and have accupuncture every month so that when we decide to try again, we will be ready straight away. I understand from Dr Glenville's book that it takes 3 months for sperm to mature and be ready, so if you put any changes in place re. diet etc, they will not show in your fertility for a little while.

Littlefish Thu 30-Jun-05 18:26:44

Katierocket, is your DP having acupuncture too? My dh has a very low sperm count too. He had acupuncture for a year before we got our BFP.

polly2 Thu 30-Jun-05 19:18:31

please forgive me if i sound a complete prat. but a bloke at work said his other half use to put her legs up in the air after sex to conceive. i tried it the next week, and now have a 2.5 yr old after trying for 8 months (not long really). but i am convinced that the legs in the air with a cushion worked, even though i looked like a really fanny doing it.

Chuffed Fri 01-Jul-05 11:13:12

my accupuncturist gave me some pills for the first 3 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now