Talk

Advanced search

DILEMMA! Should we or shouldn't we?

(5 Posts)
peepee Wed 29-Jun-05 15:36:34

I am due to go for my recurrent miscarraige appointment (26th July). Have had all the blood tests and will hopefully get some sort of result. Had my last m/c on 10/04 and been waiting for hospital since. The thing is, I want to try and get pregnant before the appointment as I feel as though time is running out. I am 37 and don't want to be much older b 4 having a baby. AF will be due in a couple of weeks. So at the most would be 2/3 wks pg b 4 the appointment. Even though we try I may not conceive anyway. Oh, I am a bit confused. What we u guys advise...

Mum2girls Wed 29-Jun-05 16:14:17

Peepee sorry, no advice - hopes this bumps your msg though

Cadmum Wed 29-Jun-05 16:15:57

You are a brave woman for even wanting to try. I would imagine that it would be much better to hold off because it will delay any further testing. Oh, I am such a bad person to be responding to this because I know that I couldn't let a month go by without trying. How many m/c have you had?

bambi06 Wed 29-Jun-05 16:42:50

if the reason for the miscarriages is because of an in competent cervix(i think thats what they call them in that the cervix isnt strong enough to hold the growing foetus)then it might be better to wait as they will `put a stitch around the cervix to hold it until later on in pregnancy, this is done in a hospital but not sure about what sort of anaesthetic?

peepee Wed 29-Jun-05 19:52:35

OOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhh........Still undecided!
I have no idea what the test results will show. I have had 4 m/c's all of which were lost at 6wks, 6wks, 8wks, 11wks. In all cases I was advised that the pregnancy was only about 6 wks. On one occassion they had a good look around and checked out my ovaries, uterus etc and I was told all was in order. I hope that it is nothing too serious. DH and I have had a little chat and are still undecided whether we will go through any ops or excessive examination. I must admit I am not too keen. It's not that I don't want a baby, I do. I just expected conception to be one of the most natural things in the world. In my case it doesn't seem to be. I don't want trying, to take over my life. I hope I don't sound selfish. I don't want to fool myself into beleiving that this will happen, when it may not.

Thanks for your replies. It does help.

Peepee

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now