Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Urgent question - should I start the Chlomid or wait?

(8 Posts)
AvocadoLover Thu 23-Jun-05 08:42:53

This is urgent because I'm on AF1 today and if I'm going to start the Chlomid need to do so tomorrow. Question is, the Consultant sent me the prescription a couple of weeks ago with a letter suggesting I start taking it in a couple of months - but with no explanation why. He's now on holiday so can't get hold of him to ask. Have PCOS so no idea when next cycle may be if I don't start this time. The only reason I can think that he advised waiting is I had a colposcopy (cervical cells removed)about a month ago, however the results have since come back as benign and the consultant knows that because he mentioned it in the letter (originally he wanted to wait to prescribed Chlomid until the results were back) but as the results are all clear, why wait? Anyone got any advice? Obviously I am desperately impatient and can't wait to get on with it!

AvocadoLover Thu 23-Jun-05 09:45:10

Bump

Chandra Thu 23-Jun-05 09:48:48

Did the results arrive before he advised to wait?

mancmum Thu 23-Jun-05 09:53:34

do NOT Take it without more advice -- you can only take it for a limited number of times (about 12) as it is a very powerful drug ... personally I would get some medical advice -- can you see a GP?

runtus Thu 23-Jun-05 10:48:45

I would imagine any medic you ask about this will say they can't interven in his instructions and to wait until you speak to him. I know it is a horrible situation to be in as you are desparate to take the drug ............does he not have a partner/co-consultant you can ask? Someone linked to him and that can see your notes may be willing to intervene.

Twiglett Thu 23-Jun-05 11:00:05

can you get hold of his secretary and ask her to check if any notes on your file

personally I'd wait .. as you only have a limited number of goes at clomid .. sorry must be difficult for you

Ladymuck Thu 23-Jun-05 11:07:28

Even with PCOS, if it turns out that you do have ages to wait before next AF, then you can start Clomid after a "withdrawal" bleed. From memory you take progesterone tablets for 5 days, and then start bleeding 5 days later, and take clomid as normal.

Never had your procedure but presumably he wants the cervix time to heal before you become pg, esp as your chance of a multiple pg is higher?

AvocadoLover Thu 23-Jun-05 13:04:01

Thanks - you are all terribly sensible, unlike me! I've left a message for his secretary so hopefully she'll get back to me soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now