Talk

Advanced search

Just diagnosed with Corrosion of the cervix and scared....

(10 Posts)
Jen1209 Mon 20-Jun-05 21:39:36

Hi, am very new to Mumsnet. Am wondering if anyone can help / advise.
We have been TTC baby no1 for a year. I have had bleeding exactly 5 days prior to proper bleed for the last 4 months. My GP has tested and says I have "Corrosion of the Cervix" and is also now sending me for 21 day bloods as I have previously had a mc (nearly 4 years ago). Has anyone else had this & does anyone know what these tests will look for and what might happen next? I really want to be a mummy and am really scared something might be really wrong. My GP is only just qualified and is being great but I think I just need reassurance.

Sorry to witter on. Look forward to hearing from you. x

misdee Mon 20-Jun-05 21:43:38

was it an errosion? rather than corrosion?

Jen1209 Mon 20-Jun-05 21:45:29

Um, quite possibly. I always get the 2 confused...

misdee Mon 20-Jun-05 21:49:47

errosions are like small sores on the cervix that dont heal(msinly sue to where they are). apparently the pill can make them worse. try not to worry too much, my younger sister has these, and depsite bleeding during pregnancy, it hasnt effected her dd at all who is now 2years old.

think sister mentioned they can lasered or someting, but generally they are deemed to be harmless.

HTH.

Bibiboo Tue 21-Jun-05 09:04:29

I had a bleed at 16 weeks pg and was told it was errosion of the cervix. It's quite common apparently, lots of women think the bleeding is breakthrough bleeding from the pill. It didn't affect my pregnancy or dd and the Dr didn't seem voerly concerned. Have you Googled it for more info?

kath4kids Tue 21-Jun-05 09:51:16

i had erosion of cervix with my first pregnancy. I bled almost all the way through pregnancy and was in and out of hospital like a yo yo.

Apart from being frightening at the time as had to check where bleeding coming from it didnt affect pregancy.

Daughter is now nearly 13. I had it cortorised (Spelt wrong) when dd was about 6 months old i think.

Didn't solve the prob completly sometimes worse than others but sometimes bleed after intercourse, but got pregnant again 3 times more so shouldnt affect conception.

Hope this wittering helps.

Jen1209 Tue 21-Jun-05 18:51:42

Thank you - thats brilliant. Dr has suggested Cortorising (can't spell it either!) which I will probably have done.

Haven't been on the pill for approx 4 years as I got pg whilst on it - had the mirina coil until last year when we started ttc.

Dr is also sending me for 21 days bloods to check other stuff out, assume hormones etc...

Bibiboo - did try googling and it brought me back to this site and another thread which happened approx 2 years ago!

Thank you for all your help - keep fingers crossed for me. any other info also?

Beccles Tue 21-Jun-05 18:58:45

Message withdrawn

2kidsandahubby Tue 21-Jun-05 19:00:31

I had my 1st daughter 8yrs ago, when she was about 2 I experienced bleeding after sex and irregular bleeding. I had a colposcopy(think thats how you spell it) which is a little camera they use to look at the cervix, I was told that I had an errosion which I was told was very common, I was offered laser treatment, but didn't fancy that!! I had another dd with no complications.

Nimme Tue 21-Jun-05 19:19:35

If it's an erosion you mean I've had 2 both as a result of childbirth! Treated in minutes with liquid nitrogen and gone.

When TTC I had blood tests at day 21 - mainly to check for levels of progesterone which is a clear indicator of ovulation. I then had some chlomid to kick start ovulation - which worked.

Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now