Talk

Advanced search

Those test sticks strike again...

(7 Posts)
boodiggy Wed 11-Nov-09 17:09:25

5 previous loses so very sensitive once ovulated as desperate for that chance again...BUT...

Clearblue plus had faint positive which after ten mins turned quite definate (but you cant count after that but it was pos before that)

then did clearblue digital today and 'not pregnant' ...

so confused, i dont have regular periods normally, but its been 8 months since last loss and they have started levelling out to about 37 -38 day cycle im now on day 45 and apart from a few niggles which come and go and sore heavy boobs and that pos preg test..im a little confused to say the least.

boodiggy Wed 11-Nov-09 18:03:55

is there anyone there who would take time out to answer me, i know im not posting pictures of how small sperm is and all that...but im desperate for some advice from someone who has been there before?!

PlantASeedWatchItGrow Wed 11-Nov-09 18:07:47

What exactly is it you want us to answer?

I think maybe you should wait and do another test with FMU tomorrow. I know how hard the waiting is, I am there with you at the moment, but there is not much more you can do. A positive is a positive so maybe book an appointment with the doctor.

ginhag Wed 11-Nov-09 18:25:08

boodiggy sorry you are having a hard time. I don't think you were being ignored,it often takes a while for posts to be answered and I agree with the last poster that there isn't much that anyone can say to clarify this for you.

The only thing I can suggest is looking at the bit on + -tests (such as clearblue,ie the ones with a cross rather than 2 lines) and also googling blue dye tests. I don't know exactly what your faint result looked like but is is actually possible to get what could seem to be a positive with a blue dye test when it actually isn't. This has happened to me twice,both had very thin lines but they were the right colour.

Obviously I don't know if this is the case with you,as none of us can be sure we have the answer (most of us are struggling enough to understand our own bodies!) but the information may be useful.

Other than that I would guess seeing your dr is the next option. Although you can get a collection of experiences from mn none of us can actually diagnose what is happening.

Good luck and I'm really sorry for your losses.

meerkatsandkookaburras Wed 11-Nov-09 21:46:52

id also suggest testing first in morning maybe for a day or two then still if nowhere see the doctor after the weekend?? in my experience everytime ive been late and convinced myself i might be pregnant i phone the doctors for an appointment and then a few hours later my period comes

good luck though and remember until it comes there is still a chance

ginhag Wed 11-Nov-09 22:50:33

Bugger just realised I missed a vital piece of info in my post. Should've read 'look at the bit on www.peeonastick.com on +- tests'. Googling blue dye tests is useful too though.

lucybrad Thu 12-Nov-09 16:11:09

aww hope things turn out the way you want. Waitings a bugger isnt it, but people frequently get BFP very late on...

And as you have already experienced a bfp could go wrong at any minute (sorry not very postitive is it?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now