Talk

Advanced search

False BFP...??

(5 Posts)
Winnie78 Wed 11-Nov-09 09:03:44

Morning, I'm just after a bit of advice please... My AF is due in 2 days time and I did an early poas this morning and got a BFP!!! Really thrilled, but also v.worried as I've been having (and still have) what feels like usual monthly AF pains... Is this usual? Does it mean that the test could be wrong because I've done it early and my AF is still likely to show up? Sorry to sound so niave... so want everything to be ok.

NewhereHelp Wed 11-Nov-09 11:11:14

It's quite normal, I had a feeling like I was about to come on for a couple of weeks either side of BFP - good luck :-) x

bethoo Wed 11-Nov-09 11:13:05

congratualtions, you cant get a false positive but you can get a flase negative.

DawnAS Wed 11-Nov-09 11:28:09

Hi there,

Absolutely totally agree with what the other two ladies have said, however, there is also something called a Chemical Pregnancy, where the conception has happened but the egg doesn't attach itself.

I am absolutely NOT saying that this is the case with you as you are definitely PG, but with early testing, you just need to be aware that this can still happen.

Having said all that, I had AF pains LOADS during the first 12 weeks of my PG and having had an MC a few weeks before, I was soooo paranoid. But my gorgeous 5 month old DD proves that it was all Ok that time around.

Good luck with your PG hun and don't test again until after AF is due!! wink

xx

Winnie78 Wed 11-Nov-09 12:28:48

Thank you everyone... I have heard of a chemical pregnancy, so fingers crossed it's not one of those... AF due Friday, so will test again over the weekend just to be on the safe side... Just feels strange to have AF pains (or at least what feel like AF pains to me) but it was really quite a strong positive on the test... Thank you again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now