Talk

Advanced search

Clearblue cross, but after 10 mins?

(7 Posts)
sweetsherry Tue 10-Nov-09 19:19:11

I did one Clearblue test on Saturday that turned to a cross - but only after about 20 mins. I take it this is just a freak meaningless cross? I did another test later tyhat day, and no cross appeared. I also tested on Sunday - nothing. Why did a cross appear on one of the tests that I left lying around for ages and not the others thougH?

Still no AF.

It would be first month of trying for DC2 - it took three years last time, so I thought it was too good to be true..

darydork Wed 11-Nov-09 12:48:03

hi sweetsherry, my 1st thought when i read your mail was that it was an evaporation line which does happen with some tests after a period of time, it is a bit odd tho that it didnt happen on the 2nd one that you did, not shur about clearblue but most tests will say to disregard after 10mins.. You didnt say where you are in your cycle, could be just too early to test, when are you due your AF?

sweetsherry Wed 11-Nov-09 13:04:21

Hi - it probably was an evaporation line. My AF is due round about now - I never have had a regular cycle, but it's about a month. The only complicating factor is I'm still breastfeeding my 8 month old, and this would have been first proper cycle since he was born.

I've had cramps (and ate half a box of chocolates, a Magnum and three bags of crisps last night for no real reason, so it must be imminent. I'll just have to write it off as a freak, frustrating and meaningless cross. Cruel, though..

Thanks!

darydork Wed 11-Nov-09 18:58:43

it is cruel i agree, ttc is a very frustating time for so many.. ive never bf but ive read that ovulation is suppressed in most cases until you stop, i could be wrong in saying that tho, do you know for def that you did ovulate this mth? Are you actively trying for another dc?

sweetsherry Wed 11-Nov-09 19:15:03

Hi - thanks for your post.

In October, I had my first AF since he was born, so I'm assuming my cycle has kicked in again. Don't know about ovulation and whether I'm ovulating again or not - but I have a brand new Clearblue OV test kit sat there that I forked out £100 quid for a few days before I found out I was pregnant with no1, so I think this month I'll try that out.

I'm still breastfeeding because I can't accept no1 isn't a tiny baby anymore!! But I'll stop when he's a year old-ish, if I haven't already by then. But I only feed him a couple of times a day now, so I'd be surprised if that suppressed OV completely.

darydork Wed 11-Nov-09 22:51:44

i totally understand you wanting to keep up the BF, your babys still so young so enjoy every min of it, my youngest is 2 next mth & i cant believe how quick the time has passed, i thought my family was complete after she was born but got really broody again and have just found out im pg with #4!! yikes

Sounds promising that your ovulation has returned so you def should put that kit to work, i believe they are very good, is your baby your 1st dc?

darydork Wed 11-Nov-09 22:58:39

sorry im getting dizzy baby brain already, just reading again that next one will be dc #2 for you so that answers my question...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now