Talk

Advanced search

Legs in the air!!

(17 Posts)
lucylev Sun 08-Nov-09 14:07:50

Silly Question..

Do you think it really helps popping your legs up in the air after BDing and if you do hw long do you do it for?

I've been doing this the last few times after a friend said she always did it when she was trying for her baby, just wondered if anyone does it to?!

TheHappyCamper Sun 08-Nov-09 14:13:46

Well,I think not necessarily 'legs in the air' but definitely lie flat for half an hour to give the swimmers time to erm, swim!

It's supposed to counteract the effects of gravity no? Might be worth a try!

I have done it in the past myself too blush

ToffeeMuser Sun 08-Nov-09 14:20:30

There was something in the papers recently about how it doesn't make any difference. I can't remember where. It said even though it feels like everything might run out, there's enough left there to do the job.

lucylev Sun 08-Nov-09 14:22:43

Hummm I think i will carry on doing it for abit and will hope towards a lucky month, annoys me that you get up after and it all runs out anyway!!!! Erghhh blush

nattiecake Sun 08-Nov-09 14:25:22

dont know yet if it makes a difference but i do it too
so youre not crazy
or we both are?

lucylev Sun 08-Nov-09 14:30:18

lol, I sometimes lay there with my legs up thinking what am i doing.. My partner thinks its hilarious!

ToffeeMuser Sun 08-Nov-09 14:30:42

I have read that lying still is a good thing, at least for women having IVF. news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8332104.stm

corblimeymadam Sun 08-Nov-09 14:32:06

Message withdrawn

corblimeymadam Sun 08-Nov-09 14:33:33

Message withdrawn

lucylev Sun 08-Nov-09 14:35:21

the links an intresting read

how funny belgianbun

asianbabe Sun 08-Nov-09 19:01:52

Hi All

considering its my second month of TTC i'm willing to try anything. How stupid was I to think that I would just get pregnant in the first month like I did with DS1 11 years ago!!!!

I will definately be trying anything and everything.

corblimeymadam Sun 08-Nov-09 22:38:56

Message withdrawn

asianbabe Mon 09-Nov-09 10:18:31

Hi All

Belgianbun I must admit I was so naive to think it would happen so quickly. Im 33 had DS when I was 22. I guess I need to chill out and relax regrading TTC. Thanks for the advice will keep desperation in check it could be a while

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 09-Nov-09 13:17:46

Its another myth that gets banded about from time to time. Legs in the air post intercourse makes no difference whatsoever.

DawnAS Mon 09-Nov-09 16:33:15

I did it when I was trying and nothing came out afterwards, where normally loads did... Sorry about TMI... blush

So, may have no effect at all, but what's the point of taking the risk when lying down with your hips slightly raised for half an hour may (just may) get you out of doing the washing up!! grin

ClaireDeLoon Mon 09-Nov-09 16:57:50

I was advised to do this (by gynae consultant) as my cervix is very tilted. Not so much 'legs in the air' as 'bum on a pillow'

Heidi101 Wed 11-Nov-09 16:37:50

Hello all,
I'm new on here!
I am trying the "legs in the air" but it is more "bum on pillow" and I have noticed that it keeps more in so hope its helping somehow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now