Talk

Advanced search

Failed Morning After Pill, HELP!?!

(5 Posts)
DJSEXEY Sun 08-Nov-09 11:23:19

Hi everyone, I have just found out I am 8 weeks and 1 day pregnant after the morning after pill failed. I took the MAP 4 hours after our little accident and yet it still failed and now I don't know what to do.
I have 2 children already, a beautiful baby girl who is nearly 5 and my gorgeous son who is 13 months old, another child was the last thing on my mind. I have a fantastic supportive partner who will support me no matter what I decide but I know deep down he wants to keep it, but if I decided to keep it I'm terrified of how it will affect my other children, my son was and still is a clingy baby and so my daughter was misbehaving to get attention from myself and her father, also there are the financial implications even though my partner works full time.
On the other hand if I have an abortion I'm worried it will destroy my relationship and I'm scared of the guilt and regret I could feel about destroying a life.
I saw both my children at 7 weeks as I suffered from PID and am more at risk from eptopic pregnancy so I know it has a tiny heart that's beating, which makes the decision even harder.
I am running out of time to make my decision and I don't know what to do for the best and my partner has ruled out adoption.
Guess I've got a lot of thinking to do xx

Kitchens Sun 08-Nov-09 13:17:02

I think that only you can answer your own question so perhaps you need to sit down with your husband and have a good chat.

Personally I think you are lucky but you are asking the wrong people. Maybe try another forum as most of the ladies including myself on here are desparate for more children.

lifeistooshort Sun 08-Nov-09 13:23:30

I think it is a sign or a second chance. You tried the MAP and it didn't work, your partner would like to keep it and you are tempted too. Don't worry about your other children too much, they would adapt. Also I don't think financial consideration should come into it, you already have two children, one more won't change much.

The only real question is would you like to keep it. Good luck with whatever you decide (and if I was the devils 'advocate I would also say congratulations!)

DJSEXEY Mon 09-Nov-09 20:53:36

Kitchens - I know how lucky I am and I thank myself everyday for the 2 precious children I've got, I unfortunately contracted PID when I was 17 from my long term boyfriend and was told it was high unlikely I would conceive naturally, I also suffer from POS, maybe this is fate, maybe I'm wrong for even considering termination and the likely hood is that we will keep the baby and I'll feel guilty for even letting it cross my mind.

ToffeeMuser Mon 09-Nov-09 21:28:09

Don't let anyone force you to do one thing or the other. You have to make this decision and do what is right for you.

Your kids will cope, kids do. It might not be easy but they will. And you'll cope financially somehow if you go ahead, because people do cope. Everyone will have a little less, but you'll cope financially.

But what about you? Will you cope? Do YOU want another child? You talked about your kids and the finances, but what do YOU want? That's what you have to try and figure out.

Don't let people guilt you into it because they wish they had a child. You are not them. You are you and must do what's best for you.

It will be a hard decision either way. But remember, every child deserves to be a wanted child. Have a look at counselling services and see if talking to a professional will help you. And be good to yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now