Talk

Advanced search

isheisnthe

(4 Posts)
isheisnthe Thu 05-Nov-09 14:35:48

Quick question re TTC, I had my coil out yesterday, and am on day 19 of a 28 day cycle, when the Dr took it out she said there was a good chance that I could be pregnant this month if I had had sex during my fertile time (we did - we got married this month and have been in the "honeymoon" period!), so how does that work and is it really possible - whens the earliest I can test?

TIA

ellipsis Thu 05-Nov-09 14:39:43

I think it's possible because if you ovulated in the last couple of days then the fertilised egg won't have implanted yet. The coil only stops implantation so now you've had it out if a fertilised egg makes its way down you could get pregnant.

isheisnthe Thu 05-Nov-09 14:43:40

God - How utterly exciting!! I am going to be on tenterhooks now! When can I test - how early is too early (i know its too early now!)

ellipsis Thu 05-Nov-09 14:46:30

Generally best to wait until your period is due. There are tests that say they can give a positive result before that but they're expensive and not as accurate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now