Talk

Advanced search

Any advice please?

(14 Posts)
MrsDermotOleary Wed 04-Nov-09 14:34:23

Been ttc for a few months with no luck. Af was due Monday and had some cramping a day or two before, really felt like it was coming. Nothing on Monday, and yesterday/today only small amount of pinky stained mucus when I wipe, san towel is clean. I sometimes get this the day before af comes. The main difference this time is that my boobs feel really tingly! Wondering if I should test or if it would be a waste of money.

Anyone experienced anything similar? Would appreciate any advice.

liahgen Wed 04-Nov-09 14:37:44

when is period due?

Do a test, wait 4 hrs if not fmu and get reliable test

then come back and tell us

Good luck

MrsDermotOleary Wed 04-Nov-09 14:44:31

Af was due Monday, today is cd 31, am usually 28-30 but longer is not out of the question I guess. Need to wait for ds to wake up so I can go and get a test. Tested with Superdrug own brand last Saturday and bfn. Are they usually reliable?

liahgen Wed 04-Nov-09 16:30:28

some say Superdrug are very reliable. Personally have always had early results with FR. Cost more but worth it imo.

Good luck.

MrsDermotOleary Wed 04-Nov-09 16:55:08

Thanks! Been unable to get test as it's been pouring down here and don't want to drag the dcs out now. Have asked dh to pick one up on his way home. Feeling really nervous now as was sure of bfn this month and wanted to give it a break over xmas so I can enjoy a few beers! Boobs are driving me mad tho!

liahgen Wed 04-Nov-09 18:11:08

hope it's good news. If it is, you won't care about missing out on the alcohol.

MrsDermotOleary Wed 04-Nov-09 20:38:45

Mixed news... dh brought home a clearblue which showed a very faint bfp. Then I drove down to Tesco to get another test and got own brand. This is bfn!
Think I'll leave it til Friday and test again.
BTW what is "fmu"?

liahgen Wed 04-Nov-09 22:19:31

oh dear, you shouldn't have tested straight away. If it's not FMU, (first morning urine) then best to wait 4 hrs between wees and don't drink to excess.

When you say faint BFP? a Line is a line. Did it show up in correct time and has colour? If so, I think congrats may be in order.

MrsDermotOleary Thu 05-Nov-09 08:46:17

Thanks liahgen, really appreciate your support. Will test again on friday morning I think.
Line was extremely faint and took a while to come through, is darker this morning though but still not convinced.
Will let you know how I get on x

liahgen Fri 06-Nov-09 13:17:42

Good afternoon, MrsD any news today?

MrsDermotOleary Fri 06-Nov-09 14:41:49

Hi liahgen, bad news. Tested positive again but then last night had bad cramps and heavy bleeding. sad

Trying to be ok about it but feeing bit down. DH is upset, got himself all excited about it. Still, am lucky to have 2 fab dcs and this is my first experience of chem preg/mc.

Will leave it til after xmas and try again I think. Can't face the waiting/testing etc over the festive weeks.

Thank you so much for your help, you are v kind x

liahgen Fri 06-Nov-09 19:21:28

Oh mrsD I am so sorry. I have had 3 losses at various stages and it is never a pleasant experience.

Perhaps enjoy the festive season as you say and then see what happens.

Don't try and feel ok about it, just grieve if you need to, it's better out than in.

Come and see us on out ttc threads if you feel up to it, we are on the monthly buses. You could just have some support until you feel strong enought to try again.

Good luck, take it easy over the nextfew weeks. x

heffieanna Fri 06-Nov-09 19:28:07

((Mrs D))

MrsDermotOleary Fri 06-Nov-09 20:17:52

Thank you, I feel quite relieved to know where I stand before I got really excited iyswim. DH is being fab and we have decided to wait til after xmas before we try again. DH was keen for the new baby to be the same age gap as dd & ds in terms of school years but looks like we've missed that timing. Still, it will happen when the time is right and I am right now cuddling my two babies and feeling very lucky.

Now, glass of wine and some rubbish telly and my night will be complete. wink

I will catch up with you on the ttc threads very soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now