Talk

Advanced search

Get my sensible shoes on... or kick up inappropriately high heels and pack in the adventures while we still can??

(2 Posts)
30andLurking Mon 02-Nov-09 22:03:04

Evenin' all. Relative newbie here - as you can guess from the name I've hit the big 3-0 and DH and I have decided we'd better get a wriggle on if we're going to do the kids thing. So I've been lurking around this site scaring myself shitless educating myself!

Our plans for the next couple of months (we're going to start TTC in the Spring) veer from the terribly-grown-up; such as desperately searching for a proper house with a garden (although that's also to indulge my inner Kirsty Allsopp and get the sledgehammer out, as well as to get a puppy! - blush at enthusiasm for puppy over baby...); to a sod-it-all-while-we-still-can policy, including booking an entirely child-unfriendly holiday to SE Asia this winter.

I know it might take ages to get knocked up and I don't want our entire lives to revolve around it, so I guess I'd really like your advice for things you did in your final months and years of childlessness, and things you wish you'd done differently? Did you embrace your fancy-free life in a vodka-fuelled frenzy while you still could, or start wearing Boden and driving a people carrier in preparation??

whomovedmychocolatecookie Mon 02-Nov-09 22:09:47

Aside from the Vodka I'd recommend you do as much as possible while you have the chance. As long as it involves actually being near enough to your partner to have sex on a regular basis!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now