Talk

Advanced search

When does ovulation come back after a laparoscopy???

(3 Posts)
Amarilis Mon 02-Nov-09 16:08:37

Hello

I have been TTC for 11 months now, after a miscarriage last December at 12 weeks... sad

I am now being sent for a laparoscopy and dye later this month... DH is off to Afghanistan in early December for 3 months and I just wanted to know if anyone thinks I will ovulate again before he goes? This gives us 2 weeks?!!

Wishful thinking??? Any experiences of TTC after a laparoscopy would be very welcome!!

Thanks!

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 02-Nov-09 16:59:52

Hi

Why are they doing the lap operation, I ask this as this is usually performed when endometriosis is suspected. You should also have time off work post lap to recover from the surgery.

You should have a follow up appt a week post your lap op to discuss its findings. If this has not happened ensure that you have such an appt.

What are your periods like generally speaking?. If they are regular you are more likely to be ovulating regularly, the opposite is true if periods are irregular. Do not get hung up on the two weeks thing, make love when you both feel like it and forget all about the so called "ovulation time" as it is damn nigh impossible to self predict.

I became pg two months post laparoscopic surgery (my surgery was done because of both PCOS and endometriosis. It kickstarted ovulation).

any other questions just ask.

Amarilis Fri 06-Nov-09 08:00:08

Thanks so much for responding!

I am having the lap because ever since the miscarriage, I have had really bad pain from when I ovulate right through until my period starts.. It's always on my left side and the pain makes it hard for me to stand straight and is made worse when I have a full bladder..

Periods are very painful for first 2/3 days and quite heavy.. Cycles were usually bang on 28 days with ovulation occuring bang on day 14.. In the last 2 months, they have jumped to 32 days with ovulation happening on day 17..

All a bit odd and 11 months later, still no baby...

I have never looked forward to an operation so much.. I am desperate to know what's wrong..

If cycles are unaffected by the lap, then I guess we will just have to wait until Feb when he comes home before trying again.. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now