Talk

Advanced search

TMI thread: discharge before period

(5 Posts)
ToffeeMuser Mon 02-Nov-09 12:29:54

Hi folks. This is all going to be TMI but I'm going crazy. Am due on today. Last Thursday I thought AF had arrived early. I had a small amount of blood. Then nothing all day. Friday morning redder blood. Again nothing all day. Since then I've been getting a brownish discharge, not enough to need a liner. Have done 3 tests, all BFN. Am sure I'm not pregnant but just wondering if anyone else gets this before AF is due? I'm not sure when to count my cycle from now!

just1moreplease Mon 02-Nov-09 19:19:39

hi toffeemuser dont have any answers for you but im in a similar situation. im at least 4 days late tiny bit of blood day 21 and maybe day 23 (super small amount only a seasoned knickerchecker would notice) and now 4bfn's. although i thought i might have a very faint bfp within the time limit today but by the time it had dried it disappeared, and a bfp on a test that i did on the weekend, bfn at the time but bfp today!

so advise really accept maybe see your doc? not sure they can do alot tho tbh. sorry im not more of a help

hope you get the result you want

BabyDancer83 Tue 03-Nov-09 11:52:25

Yes, this whole year has been a bit like that!, usually a few days before AF is due i'll get (TMI warning) beige or sometimes pink, sometimes not even enough to need a liner, no pms or cramps or anything just out of time beigeness. Some months i'll get beige for 5 days then nothing at all for 2 days then my normal period, which makes it really hard to work out important dates! i count my cycle from the 1st day of proper bleeding (which usually comes with cramps) this month i did a test when i was only 1 day late - BFN - then AF arrived with no warning really extra super heavy for 2 days and now its stopped!? a stupid small part of me still wants to do another test! blush oh the torture of waiting!!

ToffeeMuser Tue 03-Nov-09 12:19:54

It's nice to know I'm not alone! It's stopped now so I'll watch for AF's arrival in a few days.

nickelbang Tue 03-Nov-09 12:22:54

i've had exactly the same thing: it's been happening since the beginning of the summer, but it didn't happen this month.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now