Talk

Advanced search

Ovarian Failure in your twenties?

(4 Posts)
LB1983 Wed 28-Oct-09 12:55:47

Hi

I've tried to search recent posts of women in their twenties suffering with ovarian failure (or commonly known as Premature Ovarian Failure / POF)? Similar to menopause, but is not menopause - ultimately, meaning I can't have children naturally due to limited eggs.

I was diagonsed when I was 18 and I'm now 26 years old. My partner and I are about to embark IVF with egg donation from my sister. I'm looking for anyone of a similar age range to share experiences and fears of the entire process. Some of the posts I've read are from women in their late 30's / early 40's in relation to POF and whilst this condition is rare, a new thread on this topic would be really beneficial.

We're literatlly at the start of the process and I'm waiting for my 2nd consultant's appointment, which my sister will be attending.

Any posts would be welcome
Kindest Regards, LB
x

Meita Thu 29-Oct-09 17:53:50

LB that sounds like a cruel twist of fate. There is nothing really I can say, I'm not in the same situation or anything. But I thought your post needed a response. I hope you find some people to relate to and wish you good luck on your TTC journey!

delilahbelle Sat 31-Oct-09 15:50:07

Hi LB

My younger sister suffers from POF, and it looks like I have limited eggs, me and my DH are going through fertility treatment and my AMH is pretty low. One failed cycle behind us, we are just about to start the second. A double blow, as I had offered to donate eggs to my sister, but I'm such a poor responder to treatment it looks like it won't be possible.

Don't really have anything else to add, just good luck and best wishes.

DB

LB1983 Thu 12-Nov-09 19:54:40

Hi

Meita - thank you for your response, very touching that you felt you needed to say a few words. I'm trying to be positive but it is difficult, especially when friends are announcing pregnancies etc. But hey, what will be, will be. Thanx again xx

DB - thanks for sharing your experience. I'm sure this cycle will be successful, all you can do is remain positive. As for your sister, how old is she? Has she had POF long? Good luck with your journey, I wish you all the best xx

LB

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now