Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Periods after stopping the pill - V worried - HELP!!!

(2 Posts)
missmouflon Tue 27-Oct-09 17:22:58

Hello

Decided to come off the pill and had withdrawal bleed from 29th August to 5th September.

Have not had another period since and just wondered if anyone else had had to wait this long (nearly 8 weeks!!)

Im really concerned and worried there is something wrong with me. Have spoken to the doctors twice and they said nothing to worry about and can take 6 months to get back to normal.

Periods were always very regular before going on the bill, have been on it nine years and am 26......

Would really appreciate hearing others experiences as am very worried about this sad

Thanks xx

Hollyoaks Tue 27-Oct-09 17:28:26

Hi Missmouflon

When I came off the pill to ttc dd I had an initial withdrawal bleed and then nothing for exactly six months. Its very frustrating and expensive as I was constantly buying pg tests. GP wasn't interested until I had gone 6 months without af and told me its a normal response ( I was on the pill for 9 years too) just one they don't mention when you go on it.

Sorry it's not the news you were perhaps looking for, but I did conceive dd in the month folowing my first real af. smile

Try not to worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now