Talk

Advanced search

Goodbye Mirena Coil - hello trouble!!

(6 Posts)
hippychick66 Mon 26-Oct-09 18:09:16

Since having my coil removed in July I've had 4 cycles and I do seem to be ovulating.

But I have a really short Luteal Phase. I seem to start cramping around day 19 and it can be all over by day 22 - which is useless when you've only just Ov'd on day 15-16.

I've been googling around and found quite a lot of people on other sites who seem to have probs after their coil was removed. Anyone care to share with me???? smile

I must add that I'm trying Vit B thanks to lots of lovely people giving me advise on here - plus I'm using progesterone gel on days 18-21(just started this month).

Basically people either seem to get preg the minute they leave the docs waiting room having had the damn thing removed or they seem to have massive probs.

ps. Mine was in for a total of 6 years.

How've you been since yours came out?

sunmonkey Mon 26-Oct-09 21:43:58

Hi, I had mine out about two months ago and have been ok, though I only had it in for two months. I started the pill afterwards. I did have a few strange things actually, two periods within space of a month, but just put it down to adjusting to new contraception.

lucybrad Tue 27-Oct-09 08:21:03

i had mine out sept 22 (after 3 years) and the first month was pretty much normal but this month I dont appear to be ovulating yet, so wondering what is happening. Only time will tell because im on cd15, so I will update you when I have more news. My sis in law got a BFP the month after. (lucky girl)

Livvigirl Tue 27-Oct-09 12:21:26

I had a mirena in after my first daughter was born 5 years ago, it was taken out 2.5 years ago and only just got pregnant this month, after having clomid and ovarian drilling.
My first child was no trouble to concieve, I think my problems this time were to do with the mirena (though my doctor denies this - don;t know who to believe!).
I was diagnoised last year with PCOS - but have never had any symptoms of this condition untill having mirena out! And the symptoms are that your periods lengthen as you are not ovulating.
If I were you, give it 6 months then ask to be referred to the hospital.
Goood Luck x

hippychick66 Tue 27-Oct-09 19:49:50

Thanks ladies. My GP says I should try the progesterone gel for 3 months and then if my Luteal Phase is still short she will refer me for secondary infertility. I'm on day 20 today and can't stop checking for spotting - it's driving me mad!!!

hippychick66 Tue 27-Oct-09 19:53:54

Congrats livviegirl on your long awaited preg.

I have heard of others who had PCOS after the Mirena. It seemed like such a good idea at the time and it was a good contraception for us - plus it was fab with my endometriosis.

But I didn't think for a minute it would effect my chances of conceiving again - it was all so easy the first 2 times I got preg!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now