Talk

Advanced search

My hcg has only gone up from 4500 to 6000 in 36 hours ? Any reassurance VERY welcome

(4 Posts)
fakeblondie Mon 26-Oct-09 12:53:52

I`ve been on here before .I had a tv scan on fri which showed a 4.6mm sac but no yolk yet .

My hcg was 4500 which i was pleased with .
However my initial concern was that i didnt feel pregnant and thought i was 6 weeks gone . (had really bad sickness with others ).
Was happy with the theory that my pregnancy was earlier on than i thought.
My hcg 36 hours later was only 6000. Apparently it should go up by 66 % and mine has only gone up by 35 %.
They keep mentioning an ectopic and to go straight in if i get any pain and another lady said its likely a failing pregnancy but that my body hasn`t realised it yet.
My boobs are not so tender this morning and tbh i dont feel pregnant.
Would love to hear from anyone who had slow rising hcg and an ongoing pregnancy . The waiting about is horrible .

fakeblondie Mon 26-Oct-09 20:12:40

x

lucybrad Tue 27-Oct-09 08:24:43

aww sorry to hear that. I have had hcg test but to be honest I cant remember the readings. Hope it all goes ok with you. I expect that there is no on on here at the moment with experience of this hence the lack of replies.

Good luck

TotalChaos Tue 27-Oct-09 08:28:43

I had the same thing, and all turned out well. virtually identical hcg levels as well, and given the same advice, on my notes they put ?ectopic. there are a minority of healthy pregnancies (something like 15%) where the HCG levels don't double. best wishes, it's a horrible limbo like position to be in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now