Talk

Advanced search

advice on conception of boy or girl please

(7 Posts)
boybay Sun 25-Oct-09 16:50:12

Me and Dh have 2 boys and I tried to time the bd this time for 2/3 days before Ovulation . I THOUGHT i was due to O on cd19 on my 31 day cycle so we bd on cd 14 cd 16 and cd17 but now I have discovered I am pg 1st try and had a implantation bleed which means latest I could have O Was CD18 . everyone I know is saying it has to be another boy because it was so close to O and my others were concieved on day of O . What I am wondering is if there was female sperm waiting from the bd 3 days before is it not possible i could still have a girl or is the theory that the male sperm would push them out the way and get in there before?
Any advice would be great
xxx

bruxeur Sun 25-Oct-09 16:59:37

Quick! Rub a green crystal on your left foot, and a red one on your right foot. DON'T GET THAT THE WRONG WAY ROUND! You don't want to have kittens.

lucybrad Sun 25-Oct-09 17:17:50

unfortunately, I think only time will tell. All i know is that girls are more likely to live longer and boy ones swim quicker, but its a lottery, and at least youll have all the gear for another boy! i know i would love a girl but its sods law i'll get a boy (although either would be great!!!!)

dazedandconfused Sun 25-Oct-09 18:35:55

I'm pretty sure my DS and DD were both conceived on day of ovulation, FWIW. I get strong ov pains and got them about the same time after sex with both. Good luck and enjoy your pregnancy.

boybay Sun 25-Oct-09 18:58:35

I just gave all my baby boy clothes away to charity 6 months ago - convinced that we were never going to have another ! lol!
At least he will get all new clothes and not the 3 x hand me downs!
x

facebookaddict Sun 25-Oct-09 19:06:13

The bd on/after ovulation gave me DS and for DC2 we bd before... and got DD. Could be luck but I think the timing thing does work, and I'd be inclined to think that bd 3 days previous to O would mean that you are very likely to have conceived girl... As male sperm should have died and female sperm would be hanging around! But who knows?! Fingers crossed for you that you get what you want but as long it's healthy hey...

I'll remember your name and look out for a post revealing sex!!!

FanjolinaJolie Sun 25-Oct-09 19:17:55

Both my two DD's were conceived on or one day before O so it certainly didn't work for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now