Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How soon did you feel you were preggers

(15 Posts)
EmilyD Tue 14-Jun-05 15:44:35

What are people's experiences of first feeling pregnant. I remember my first pregnancy i knew after 4 weeks i was preggers before doing a test as funny feelings in tummy, this time trying I am having funny feelings after a week although it could just be butterflies!

How soon will a pregnancy test show up being pregnant!

LunarSea Tue 14-Jun-05 15:51:23

First sign (after already having had one baby) was small amounts milk coming back in. Shortly followed by sore boobs. Both even before af was due.

kama Tue 14-Jun-05 15:53:02

Message withdrawn

Kelly1978 Tue 14-Jun-05 15:54:33

around the time af was due with all three pregnancies. The first two it was just instinctive feelings. With the twins symptoms were intensified and I recognised them.

fifilala Tue 14-Jun-05 16:09:11

By the time I was due on - very sore boobs and I mean agony! when I didn't come on suddenly realised what it could be - hadn't been actively trying - only the once! but never the less it wasn't a mistake

By the time I was 7 weeks I had already gone up from 38D to 40DD!!!!!

maddyd Tue 14-Jun-05 20:31:48

Ist pg was nauseous at the smell of macdonalds and milk when i was about 3 weeks late. I was very young and naieve then.

2nd pg and older and wiser. The day my period was due my boobs felt sore when running down the stairs and had the butterflies so tested and got a faint posotive.

3rd Pg no signs at all apart from those butterflies which i thought were just nerves but tested a week before i was due and amazed at another faint posotive.

4th Pg sore and leaky boobs a week before af plus a faint pos test. Unfortunatly Pg symptoms never developed as in previous pregnancies and i miscarried at around 12 weeks.

HellyBelly Wed 15-Jun-05 08:05:02

I knew when I was a week pregnant with my ds. I'd had a MC and after the 3 months rest, decided to stop using protection and see what happened.

Was on girly trip to 'Butlins!' and was moody, had white stops on my nipples and was absolutely knackered all the time. I didn't think I could possibly feel things this early so ignored it. HOWEVER, I noticed my mates all laughing and talking about me when we were at breakfast. Then one said (on behalf of the others) 'you're pregnant!'. I asked what made them say that and they said they never seen me eat so much so fast. I've always been a slow eater and never had much but I was craving big breakfasts - what they said made sense.

I then was careful not to go on certain rides, drink etc. just in case. Did a pg test at Butlins but was negative - it was a VERY cheap rubbish one. When I was home and was due in few days, I got a proper test and it was positive - I knew exactly when I conceived (dh 40th bday!) and it was a week prior to Butlins.

So, YES, you can feel things that early on!

flamesparrow Wed 15-Jun-05 08:07:05

By 4 weeks for me too - tummy pains and queasiness.

I think the sensitive tests show up at about 3 1/2 weeks or something (since last period)... can't be sure though.

I'm not feeling the teeniest bit pregnant at the moment But seeing as I normally feel pregnant when I'm not, I'm takin it as a good sign

lucy5 Wed 15-Jun-05 08:16:21

I knew before my period was due, I dont know how I just did. Did test very early on and got the faintest of blue lines so did 2 more. Eventually my mum took the test to the pharmacy and showed them the line and they said a line is a line it doesnt matter how faint it is.

Hayls Wed 15-Jun-05 08:36:02

I didn't find out until 7 weeks but looking back I felt a bit strange for about a week before that. I was really tired and hormonal with stomach cramps (thought af was on way though-normally late) and about 8 weeks got nauseous and went off certain foods. I think if I ever had another I would recognise the symptoms a lot earlier

flamesparrow Wed 15-Jun-05 08:40:31

It was the stomach cramps that really did it for me!

I said to my friend that my tummy kept hurting, and I felt like I was due on, but nothing was happening... she said "errr... you might want to go home and do a test"

ChaCha Wed 15-Jun-05 14:19:33

Tired, hormonal (major hormonal!) and being sick after every meal. Tested about 8-10 days after AF was due.
Good luck x

AngelCakeUmm Wed 15-Jun-05 14:32:08

With my first i did not have a clue and found out when i was 5 weeks but doing a test, this time round i had a feeling i was and i done a test when i was only 3 weeks pregnant and got a positive. My sign this early was mostly sore boobs.

Hulababy Wed 15-Jun-05 20:52:46

Just after 4 weeks I realised - when i started being physically sick each day! Did a test a week or so later.

Blu Wed 15-Jun-05 21:00:14

10 seconds after conception!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now