Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant while on the implant??

(12 Posts)
birchykel Fri 23-Oct-09 16:14:12

Hey all,
This is probably a silly question but need to ask as its bugging me.
I have the implant in my arm and have it for almost 2 years. I have read up that 1 out of a 1000 women can fall pregnant so its pretty good.
Lately though Ive missed my period (which I dont normally), im feeling sick every evening and feel bloated. Id expect to feel bloated if my period is late, but the sickness feeling? Am I being paranoid?

Any advice very welcome.
K. xx

PoppyIsApain Sat 24-Oct-09 16:20:29

This may sound obvious but have you done a pg test? smile

drlove8 Sat 24-Oct-09 16:28:02

get a test , im 1 in a 1000.
nothing is foolproof! .
its more likely to fail when put in , or at end of its "life" ....but still there have been pregnancies that are true failures after implants been in for a while.

birchykel Sat 24-Oct-09 20:39:25

I havent done a test, i kinda feel silly saying to my partner lets do one but im thinking that I should as today ive been so dizzy and sick feeling. It was my girls birthday too and I have felt crap from 12.30 onwards. I think ill do a test then.

Thank you and I will update you!!!

K.xx

drlove8 Sat 24-Oct-09 21:26:51

its not silly , its finding out why youve been feeling awful...if the test comes up negative then you look at other reasons . its important to look after your health , especially when you already have DC .
I hope you get the result your wanting , smile

largeginandtonic Sat 24-Oct-09 21:31:15

Good luck, hope you are happy with the result smile

Will be watching for a result...

birchykel Sun 25-Oct-09 08:30:56

Thanks guys, I wont be dissapointed if its positive as we are planning to try in the new year but I am suppose to be having an operation on my nose in december (on my birthday too) and I could really do with having it done so wont be too dissapointed if its negative either......but secretly would prefer positive. blush

DougalDoneGood Sun 25-Oct-09 08:36:03

Good luck....don't keep us in suspense too long grin

birchykel Sun 25-Oct-09 20:33:16

Well I took a test this afternoon, it was negative. Felt a tad sad but guess its for the best. I am going to docs tomoz as my blood pressure was 90/70 and thats low for me so maybe that is why im feeling so crap.

Really thought I was pregnant, feel very silly. Guess my period will come in its own time lol.

thanks guys

xx

drlove8 Sun 25-Oct-09 23:14:22

well done on getting that test done birchy!
now you know why youve been feeling iffy, so now you can plan for the best possible pg ! get your self nice and fit , and have fun !
and gd luck with yout op next month! grin

DougalDoneGood Mon 26-Oct-09 07:59:30

Aw Birchy, at least you know now, and like drlove8 says, now you can fully prepare for the best pregnancy ever.
Take care x

birchykel Mon 26-Oct-09 09:24:31

Thank you!

Yes I think the same now, after my op I will have my implant out and we can try for our baby then. And I also would like to be more fit before having a baby so its all good really.
Thank you all for the comments and for being there.

xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now